photo from the 1950s

ScottM58

Sep 1, 2014
Hi you guys I'm new to the forum.I was going through an old box of pictures that belonged to my parents and came across this photo of Toe Blake from the 1950s.I was curious about the writing on the back of the pic which mentions "Richard" in the background.I got in touch with a friend of mine who in turn got in touch with a mutual friend of ours who frequents this board.He has stated outright that the "Richard" in question is not "Rocket Richard" but I'm also curious about who some of the other individuals in the shot might be. If anybody knows anything please feel free to comment.

Attachments

• toe blake rocket richard 1957.jpg
    toe blake rocket richard 1957.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 88
  • back of pic.jpg
    back of pic.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 67

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Hi you guys I'm new to the forum.I was going through an old box of pictures that belonged to my parents and came across this photo of Toe Blake from the 1950s.I was curious about the writing on the back of the pic which mentions "Richard" in the background.I got in touch with a friend of mine who in turn got in touch with a mutual friend of ours who frequents this board.He has stated outright that the "Richard" in question is not "Rocket Richard" but I'm also curious about who some of the other individuals in the shot might be. If anybody knows anything please feel free to comment.

Seriously. Send it to Dave Stubbs. Hardly a hardcore journalist, but still a very knowledgeable and connected media guy.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Well you might have yourself the worst picture of Maurice Richard in history or no Richard at all. Im gonna take a gamble and say there is no richard in this photo. Assuming both pictures are from 1957

Attachments

• 2112678.jpg
    2112678.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 18

ScottM58

Sep 1, 2014
update

just a quick update.
I took the advice of groovejuice and contacted Dave Stubbs.
Dave wasn't able to identify any of the other individuals in the photo other than the great Toe Blake but promised to send it along to Dick Irvin for his perusal.
That should settle once and for all who else of note (if anyone) is in this photo!
Anyway thanks for your comments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad