Phoenix XXXVIII: Hulsizer Pulls Bid For Coyotes; UPD 2 unnamed interested buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
NHL game schedule? They work on it for months. (There isn't a computer that does it.)

I understand it's quite a process-they pretty much have to make it manually. They have to contact every team and check with them in regards to available dates based on what's going on at the arena that night, and also have to take into account travel time and info of each team for teams that are road swings-it's quite the effort.

Scottrocks58*

NHL game schedule? They work on it for months. (There isn't a computer that does it.)

That's surprising. IIRC baseball and basketball use a computer program. Manual changes are made on the result but the basic work is all automated.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
That's surprising. IIRC baseball and basketball use a computer program. Manual changes are made on the result but the basic work is all automated.

Baseball stadiums do not generally have scheduling conflicts which limit the dates available, and despite the longer 162 game schedule there is actually less travel in MLB due to 3-4 game series and longer homestands.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Baseball stadiums do not generally have scheduling conflicts which limit the dates available, and despite the longer 162 game schedule there is actually less travel in MLB due to 3-4 game series and longer homestands.

Add to that... many NHL teams are the secondary tenant in the arenas they play in and only get to work with what the primary tenant leaves them.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

Is FWIW the anagram for "For What Its Worth", like, the Stephen Stills Buffalo Springfield tune?. If so, FWIW, are you aware that Todd McFarlane was at one time a minority owner of the Oilers, is based on the WestCoast & also lives in Arizona a fair amount of the time?. Somthin happenin here, what it is aint exactly clear. FWIW Legend....

oh, & btw, nice job of putting the Bag on that one!.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Is FWIW the anagram for "For What Its Worth", like, the Stephen Stills Buffalo Springfield tune?. If so, FWIW, are you aware that Todd McFarlane was at one time a minority owner of the Oilers, is based on the WestCoast & also lives in Arizona a fair amount of the time?. Somthin happenin here, what it is aint exactly clear. FWIW Legend....

oh, & btw, nice job of putting the Bag on that one!.

there's a man with a gun over there.....telling me i gotta beware.....sweet tune my friend! got the name for the band as they drove by the Springfield factory in Buffalo or was it actually the Buffalo Springfield factory (oh the dog days of summer)

it would be great for our friends in Phoenix if this thing had a happy ending! a major long shot i know!

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I understand it's quite a process-they pretty much have to make it manually. They have to contact every team and check with them in regards to available dates based on what's going on at the arena that night, and also have to take into account travel time and info of each team for teams that are road swings-it's quite the effort.

I remember reading an announcement many years back that the official NHL schedule maker (a guy and his big board) was being replaced with a computer system.

Update: this was all I could find (from 2004), and perhaps the information is obsolete by now.

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/news.html?ref=rss&d=66085

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Scruggs said if the issue isn't resolved by the end of the year the team will be gone, leaving a void in the arena, which the city will still need to manage.

Glendale's options "are pretty limited" in finding something to replace the Coyotes, she said. "We've never had a presentation by staff on what it would cost the city to run the arena without a team there," she said. "We should have that number before we make any more mistakes." [/I]

That seems odd considering how often the COG was saying how much it would cost to leave the arena empty and turn the lights out.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
So after all this a resolution should be there monday?

I dont think so, I predict a very, very long sale process with Goldwater preventing the city from selling the bonds.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
So after all this a resolution should be there monday?

I dont think so, I predict a very, very long sale process with Goldwater preventing the city from selling the bonds.

Why would the city be selling bonds? It sounds like the new owner is actually paying out of pocket.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
Why would the city be selling bonds? It sounds like the new owner is actually paying out of pocket.

Not entirely:

"The official familiar with the Coyotes situation said the unnamed Canadian group has plenty of cash to make the deal. That same source said the group could put up $100 million, with $40 million to $50 million coming from the city of Glendale via bonds. The NHL could give approval to the deal in the coming days, according to KDUS."

I'm pretty sure a 40 to 50 million bond givaway is something Goldwater wont like very much. And that might not sell just like the previous bonds.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
I need a shoe picture before I believe!!! Sounds like a too-hopeful-for-his-own-good media type getting hopes up too high a-la THE BALKAN.:cry::help::shakehead

What's needed to really get up to speed on the sales process:

1. Quip by Daly, or similar, that a deal is imminent, preferably that we'll know more in two weeks,

2. A picture of an alleged investor's shoe, and

3. A catchy nickname, like the Russian or Siberian.

;)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
My Favorite Martian = Bill Bixby
Bill Bixby = The Incredible Hulk
The Incredible Hulk = Marvel Comics
Marvel Comics = Spawn
Spawn = Todd McFarlane
McFarlane = Coyotes Mystery Buyer

really pretty simple yes?.

Status
Not open for further replies.