Phoenix LXXVII: Tired of Waiting For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
RANDOM THOUGHT... Is it just me or does Bill Daly physically look more and more like Top Chef's Tom Coliccio through this whole PHX saga? Maybe next season, the winner of Top Chef gets to own an NHL team?

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
With another one biting the dust, this saga is starting to resemble Atlanta during their twilight more by the day.

After ASG sent out their desperation press release in Feb of 2011 saying they need investors or doom, many names were thrown out there, speaking to 5 groups, then it became 3, then 2 give or take a balkan....silence and then...doom.

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
If the league is in negociation with Gosbee, why are they rejecting Pastor?

No leverage left?

Maybe the team is already sold to Gosbee and co?

In this case, why didnt Daly confirm the sale?

Where's the logic?

I think the BOG didn't want any part of Pastor. He came into this by announcing through a press release and was an absolute outsider to anyone on the BOG. The BOG seems like the type of club that wants a new member to only be introduced by an existing member. Since no one the board could vouge for Pastor, they didn't want him in their club.

Throughout the process, the NHL kept him at arms length. I don't remember the NHL saying much about Pastor at any time, particularly when Daly went on his media blitz a few weeks ago. When Pastor originally announced his participation, the NHL said they didn't know anything about him. Up until this point, they were really hoping he would just go away. Now that he put in a "premium" bid, the NHL finally had to put a stop to it. They didn't even allow him to put in another bid, they just stopped it dead in its tracks.

As for Gosbee, who knows if he is even in it anymore. Other than vague news on Saturday, there really hasn't been much news since last Monday when the meeting was canceled. We're a week since that announcement and there isn't a lot of time left before May 24.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
I think the BOG didn't want any part of Pastor. He came into this by announcing through a press release and was an absolute outsider to anyone on the BOG. The BOG seems like the type of club that wants a new member to only be introduced by an existing member. Since no one the board could vouge for Pastor, they didn't want him in their club.

Throughout the process, the NHL kept him at arms length. I don't remember the NHL saying much about Pastor at any time, particularly when Daly went on his media blitz a few weeks ago. When Pastor originally announced his participation, the NHL said they didn't know anything about him. Up until this point, they were really hoping he would just go away. Now that he put in a "premium" bid, the NHL finally had to put a stop to it. They didn't even allow him to put in another bid, they just stopped it dead in its tracks.

As for Gosbee, who knows if he is even in it anymore. Other than vague news on Saturday, there really hasn't been much news since last Monday when the meeting was canceled. We're a week since that announcement and there isn't a lot of time left before May 24.

Pastor didn't play the game. Just like Balsillie.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com

As for Gosbee, who knows if he is even in it anymore. Other than vague news on Saturday, there really hasn't been much news since last Monday when the meeting was cancelled. We're a week since that announcement and there isn't a lot of time left before May 24.
Last week the "revelation" that the CoG is not burning money anymore took the Gosbee group by surprise. The NHL spent the week trying to convince them to ask for a Jamison type deal anyway.

epo

Oct 27, 2011
Am I right in thinking that Pastor didn't even get to see the books, but made an offer anyways?

Last edited:

LouisOlivier

May 1, 2013
Ville de Québec
@NBCSportsRoc According to sources, Renaissance Sports and Entertainment was in NYC with the NHL over the weekend.

This is a quote from Roc & Manuch. I just wanna share this because in my opinion, I don't believe anything that came from Roc&Manuch. Like Sunnucks

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
Last week the "revelation" that the CoG is not burning money anymore took the Gosbee group by surprise. The NHL spent the week trying to convince them to ask for a Jamison type deal anyway.

At some point, the COG, Gosbee, LeBlanc, and the NHL have to meet to discuss the figures. I have to figure Gosbee knows what the minimum amount he would take from the COG in order to have a reasonable chance to be successful. If $6 million is below that minimal amount, then he will likely walk away without publicly saying a word. The longer it goes without the meeting being rescheduled, the less likely he is still in on the deal. So the most likely scenarios left are that either he is still trying to make $6 million work or he is already out.

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
@NBCSportsRoc According to sources, Renaissance Sports and Entertainment was in NYC with the NHL over the weekend.

This is a quote from Roc & Manuch. I just wanna share this because in my opinion, I don't believe anything that came from Roc&Manuch. Like Sunnucks

So an hour after news of Pastor's rejection comes out, they put this rumor out?

NHLfan4life

Who is PKP???
Nov 22, 2010
Glendale

Entirely believeable and sweet if true but we are barely getting over the Pastor who cried Coyote :shakehead

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Everybody already knew this Pastor guy was a total pretender. There was one single poster over on the Phoenix board that wasn't completely skeptical of this clown. That poster also happens to be the only guy I've currently got on my ignore list. Haha.

Nobody was holding out hope on for Pastor to pull this off.

Gosbee seems legit. IEH's presence in his group is really the only thing not to like about Gosbee if you're a Yotes fan. I think we can look past their involvement if Gosbee is for real. He seems to have the means to be for real if that's actually his intention. If he's only interested in acquiring this team for free, than I can't see CoG being willing to work with him. If he wants thirteen plus million bucks in order to run this show, than he'll be dispatched with quickly by Weiers and the new council. If he's willing to work out an agreement with the city that at least starts to approach sanity (at least on the same planet as sane), than maybe he can pull out a buzzer beater. Especially if the NHL quietly and privately lowers the price to something approaching sanity (at least on the same planet as sane), we could see a positive resolution for Yotes fans.

I certainly don't expect a positive resolution for Yotes fans, but stranger things have happened in this saga than the NHL secretly giving the team to Gosbee for a more appropriate price and Gosbee and the CoG meeting somewhere in the middle between the JIG lease and the six million dollar figure floating around lately.

I'm not the slightest bit more or less hopeful after the NHL booted this Pastor goof. I'm a little amused. I had a laugh with some co-workers about him on Friday and again today. He's been good for a laugh. So in that way I guess I'm mildly sad to see him go before he had a chance to go full Pejorative Slur and really make a spectacle.

LouisOlivier

May 1, 2013
Ville de Québec
Everybody already knew this Pastor guy was a total pretender. There was one single poster over on the Phoenix board that wasn't completely skeptical of this clown. That poster also happens to be the only guy I've currently got on my ignore list. Haha.

Gosbee seems legit. IEH's presence in his group is really the only thing not to like about Gosbee if you're a Yotes fan. I think we can look past their involvement if Gosbee is for real. He seems to have the means to be for real if that's actually his intention. If he's only interested in acquiring this team for free, than I can't see CoG being willing to work with him. If he wants thirteen plus million bucks in order to run this show, than he'll be dispatched with quickly by Weiers and the new council. If he's willing to work out an agreement with the city that at least starts to approach sanity (at least on the same planet as sane), than maybe he can pull out a buzzer beater. Especially if the NHL quietly and privately lowers the price to something approaching sanity (at least on the same planet as sane), we could see a positive resolution for Yotes fans.

I certainly don't expect a positive resolution for Yotes fans, but stranger things have happened in this saga than the NHL secretly giving the team to Gosbee for a more appropriate price and Gosbee and the CoG meeting somewhere in the middle between the JIG lease and the six million dollar figure floating around lately.

I'm not the slightest bit more or less hopeful after the NHL booted this Pastor goof. I'm a little amused. I had a laugh with some co-workers about him on Friday and again today. He's been good for a laugh. So in that way I guess I'm mildly sad to see him go before he had a chance to go full Pejorative Slur and really make a spectacle.

I've always think this guys was a mess, nothing serious WHEN he said that Coyotes will end up in Winnipeg if they didn't find an owner

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com

Gosbee seems legit. IEH's presence in his group is really the only thing not to like about Gosbee if you're a Yotes fan.
What make you think Gosbee is not more of the same? The IEH's presence alone should be enough to make you worry that it the same crap.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I've been out of the loop for a while, but is most of the Phoenix-to-Quebec speculation more to do with Phoenix running out of options or signs and smoke coming out of Quebec City (or both)?

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
I've been out of the loop for a while, but is most of the Phoenix-to-Quebec speculation more to do with Phoenix running out of options or signs and smoke coming out of Quebec City (or both)?
Both we heard some rumbling in Qc but it became damn quiet in the past week. Almost like if the word got out to shut your damn mouths.

manisback121

Feb 28, 2008
All COG needs is to find out how the f much cash they can make by hiring a real arena manager to attract screaming meemie teens who con their daddies to drive to hell on earth to see next boy band.

Me thinks a competitive bidding process on management with no more big 25mm subsidies

Back from insanity...for the summer. Got LLM in tax, now off o MBA for equity share then sit OK ass while associates serve my needs and I'm the brain and money maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad