Phoenix LXVI: Get Your Kicks On Thread LXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Lets do the math again....
He loses 60,000 a game from the 366,000 a game he gets. Yes I know he still has to manage the place with other things for that 366,000 a game but I didn't see any performance clause penalties other than the 60,000 a game. Maybe he could get away with no other bookings.

Who cares when they give it to him? and I'd have a hard time believing he had to start paying the city before they started paying him.

Why should Jamison want to lose ANY money if he doesn't have to?

If he gets paid in April or the end of the SC playoffs, he can avoid paying the City the $60,000 per game penalty by buying the team when the lockout ends. Or if the lockout is still on as Jan. 31, 2013 nears, he can buy the team near that date and limit the amount he pays in penalties.

Funny, how some fans seem to think Jamison shouldn't mind paying a $60,000 per game penalty, so he can what, ease the minds of message board fans ?
Shut up his critics?

GF

Nov 4, 2012

Why is he trying to buy a team that never turned a profit in 16years if he doesn't want to lose money... Why didn't he buy the team when the lease was more favourable if he doesn't want to lose money? :sarcasm:

With the lockout, even the big markets will suffer when the game returns. In Arizona, it will probably be terrible. I can't imagine he's actually believing he can turn things around. We'll all know for sure in 3 fortnights.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

LOL!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: Like the other guy said, if he didn't want to lose money he sure as heck shouldn't be trying to buy the Coyotes. Some of you guys crack me up.:help:

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Ed sure knows how to roll, that's for sure. Tell everyone beneath you to make it happen, but don't put your name to anything.

"I fully endorse this plan of action, but I'm not signing nothin'"

... :laugh: well done, and nicely prefaced. pretty sure Ive read that line
somewhere before, mebbe a movie, whatever, and most amusing it be.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
We'll all know for sure in 3 fortnights.

your new here, Welcome!,
BUT ... uh, no, not likely.....

doublefacepalm.jpg

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011

If he gets paid in April or the end of the SC playoffs, he can avoid paying the City the $60,000 per game penalty by buying the team when the lockout ends. Or if the lockout is still on as Jan. 31, 2013 nears, he can buy the team near that date and limit the amount he pays in penalties.

Funny, how some fans seem to think Jamison shouldn't mind paying a $60,000 per game penalty, so he can what, ease the minds of message board fans ?
Shut up his critics?

Especially since we all know he does not have any money.... and no investors...

saskganesh

Jun 19, 2006
the Annex
well technically he would only be losing someone else's money, as he is just the frontman.

From a certain perspective, that's smart business.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Especially since we all know he does not have any money.... and no investors...

Nothin more dangerous than a Man with nothing to lose Pat. But in this case, if he's put nothing but time into it himself, and either investors with bad cases of the shakes or perhaps as you suggest none at all, then whats he playing at? Whats the point of this charade? So the league can point to Glendale when selling the franchise for relo in demanding a coupla hundred million? As in "were staying in Arizona with our $300M arena management fee unless you cough up Mr. Peladeau" or what?... which come to think of it, actually makes a lot of sense. In a totally bent, highly manipulative, disingenuous & ultra-diabolical fashion...

Yes. Interesting idea that.... Mu mu muhahaHAHAHAAAAAAA....

BigWheeler

Dec 14, 2012
Vancouver, BC
It doesn't matter who owns the team.
It doesn't matter how much they pay for the team.
It doesn't matter how bad or how good the team gets.

Hockey in the desert just doesn't work. It never will.

MOD

I remember watching a Canucks vs Coyote game, and it was about 50-75% empty. The remaining 25-50% people there were mostly Canuck fans. It was a pathetic sad display for ANY professional team.

No one wants to play there, and those that do, you have to question their reasoning behind it. Are they just there for the pay cheque, are they on the decline of their career so they don't want to hear any bad critics in the media?

Shane Doan is the only player that has opted to play there when he had the opportunity to play elsewhere. And the reason? It wasn't for the team. It was because his kids are going to school and growing up in a nice community, so he didn't want to disturb their education and way of life. It also doesn't hurt to own your own ranch!

Would Canada serve as a better location? Obviously. Do I want it there? Only under the condition that it's not simply there to milk more Canadian's from their hard earned money, simply to prop up the majority of the American-based teams.

Canada should only accept another team under the condition that the league contracts, or else relocates a few more teams.

MOD

No legit business man is going to buy Pheonix without the ability to move it. And as a Canadian, we shouldn't allow any more teams in Canada unless the other teams are going to pay their own bills. Vancouver fans pay an average of $90 per ticket for ****** seats. How much of that is going to American teams just so they can ice a full lineup?

Last edited by a moderator:

GF

Nov 4, 2012
your new here, Welcome!,
BUT ... uh, no, not likely.....

doublefacepalm.jpg

Well, we might not know for sure, but in 3 fortnights, if (when) GJ still hasn't bought the team, it will (should) be about then that the mythical bird will hit the propeller. :naughty:

barneyg

Apr 22, 2007

Shut up his critics?

It's funny how both sides in this mini-debate are not only misinformed, but also lazy -- this stuff is public so you might as well want to check out the lease to see if your argument works.

1) the $60,000 per game penalty does not apply to 2012-13. JIG starts earning AMF from closing date no matter what. It's probably the reason why he agreed to a lower AMF ($11M vs. $14M in 2nd year). He has no reason to wait until the lockout is over (unless... -- see below).

2) for 2012-13, the arena management fee of $11M is prorated for the number of days from closing to 6/30/2013 (divided by 365). If JIG signs in January they get a 5.5 million AMF (6 months). Every month he waits, that's 900k less. He has no reason to wait (unless.. -- see below).

So either
a) Jamison has the money to buy the team but would still be losing money after banking the AMF;
b) some of Jamison's investors want to wait for the new CBA before they give it a go; or
c) Jamison doesn't have the money.

All 3 of those options are plausible IMO.

pondnorth

Dec 16, 2005

Shut up his critics?
Nice to see a graduate of Clarkonomics posting his best guess.What a joke.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
It doesn't matter who owns the team.
It doesn't matter how much they pay for the team.
It doesn't matter how bad or how good the team gets.

Hockey in the desert just doesn't work. It never will.

MOD

I remember watching a Canucks vs Coyote game, and it was about 50-75% empty. The remaining 25-50% people there were mostly Canuck fans. It was a pathetic sad display for ANY professional team.

No one wants to play there, and those that do, you have to question their reasoning behind it. Are they just there for the pay cheque, are they on the decline of their career so they don't want to hear any bad critics in the media?

Shane Doan is the only player that has opted to play there when he had the opportunity to play elsewhere. And the reason? It wasn't for the team. It was because his kids are going to school and growing up in a nice community, so he didn't want to disturb their education and way of life. It also doesn't hurt to own your own ranch!

Would Canada serve as a better location? Obviously. Do I want it there? Only under the condition that it's not simply there to milk more Canadian's from their hard earned money, simply to prop up the majority of the American-based teams.

Canada should only accept another team under the condition that the league contracts, or else relocates a few more teams.

MOD

No legit business man is going to buy Pheonix without the ability to move it. And as a Canadian, we shouldn't allow any more teams in Canada unless the other teams are going to pay their own bills. Vancouver fans pay an average of $90 per ticket for ****** seats. How much of that is going to American teams just so they can ice a full lineup?

:handclap:

I don't know why hfboards so embraces censorship when a poster simply writes the truth about the non-viable Arizona hockey market.

Maybe the belief is that if Arizona can be described as a great hockey market on these boards; that will somehow and in someway alter the sad but inescapable reality of a major, ongoing fail?

Maybe we'd even be watching NHL hockey right now, if the league didn't feel the necessity to compensate for these guys being along for the ride; on someone else's nickel.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It's funny how both sides in this mini-debate are not only misinformed, but also lazy -- this stuff is public so you might as well want to check out the lease to see if your argument works.

1) the $60,000 per game penalty does not apply to 2012-13. JIG starts earning AMF from closing date no matter what. It's probably the reason why he agreed to a lower AMF ($11M vs. $14M in 2nd year). He has no reason to wait until the lockout is over (unless... -- see below).

2) for 2012-13, the arena management fee of $11M is prorated for the number of days from closing to 6/30/2013 (divided by 365). If JIG signs in January they get a 5.5 million AMF (6 months). Every month he waits, that's 900k less. He has no reason to wait (unless.. -- see below).

So either
a) Jamison has the money to buy the team but would still be losing money after banking the AMF;
b) some of Jamison's investors want to wait for the new CBA before they give it a go; or
c) Jamison doesn't have the money.

All 3 of those options are plausible IMO.

Fans and media have no idea why Jamison and his partners are holding off on closing the sale. What we do know, is that it's Dec. 18th, 2012 and Jamison does not have to close the sale until Jan. 31, 2013.

After the embarrassment of the Spano fraud case and earlier failures to find a buyer who'd keep the team in Phoenix, I expect the NHL front office has been very aggressive in investigating Jamison, his partners and their finances.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Nice to see a graduate of Clarkonomics posting his best guess.What a joke.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Almost as big a joke as the crying from the relocation crowd, when a struggling team gets a new local owner or locked into a 20-30 yr local lease:sarcasm:

barneyg

Apr 22, 2007
Fans and media have no idea why Jamison and his partners are holding off on closing the sale. What we do know, is that it's Dec. 18th, 2012 and Jamison does not have to close the sale until Jan. 31, 2013.

After the embarrassment of the Spano fraud case and earlier failures to find a buyer who'd keep the team in Phoenix, I expect the NHL front office has been very aggressive in investigating Jamison, his partners and their finances.

Sure. Doesn't change the fact that you (and others) were wrong in that discussion about the $60k/game penalty.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I don't know why hfboards so embraces censorship when a poster simply writes the truth about the non-viable Arizona hockey market.... Maybe the belief is that if Arizona can be described as a great hockey market on these boards; that will somehow and in someway alter the sad but inescapable reality of a major, ongoing fail?

Ah. Normally I would just delete a post like this preissingg.... but enough with the "censorship" huh?... posts are edited/deleted etc only when someone goes beyond the pale, catches a wave on the slipstream, decides some free-jumping without a chute might be fun. To suggest however that hf is a "shill" for NHL interests, that it enables the repetition of falsehoods, agents of disinformation, plausible deniability experts, lacks objectivity, is intellectually deceitful, corrupt, well, I can assure you nothing could be farther from the truth. Believe me if that was the case Id blow this thing sky high. The site, in case youve forgotten is hfboards.mandatory.com, not nhl.com.... savvy?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Almost as big a joke as the crying from the relocation crowd, when a struggling team gets a new local owner or locked into a 20-30 yr local lease:sarcasm:

They may get a new "local" owner, but in reality, no one is ever locked into a lease. You can always get out.

This isn't the Hotel California.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
They may get a new "local" owner, but in reality, no one is ever locked into a lease. You can always get out.

This isn't the Hotel California.
Haha, love it! :laugh:

You're more right than you know, nothing stops him from throwing the team right back into bankruptcy and tossing the keys back at Bettman.

Here's a prediction for you guys, in 3-5 years the team will be back in bankruptcy with Jamison crying "at least we tried", and we'll be right back at square one.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005

I sincerely doubt the NHL has been at all dilligent in investigating the Friends of Jamison potential ownership group. Sure, they've likely approved Jamison since he's already in the club and doesn't have any money. But have they looked at the money behind the alleged deal? I don't think so. The reason? We haven't heard any rumours, other than the TO's, about who the potential investors might be. Get a bunch of NHL people asking questions about potential team owners and some info is bound to leak out. Why would the NHL waste any time on this when it (still) looks completely unlikely that the team will be able to close ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad