Phoenix CXVII: Waiting to Exhale (or see shovels in the ground)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So at the T-Mobile Arena open house last night they were playing the NHL Network on the scoreboard video screens for most of the day. Apparently the video feed froze on the main board in the evening. The image stuck on the screen the entire time I was there?

Image link, since it's pretty large:
http://i0.wp.com/sinbin.vegas/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/IMG_3596.jpg

I just thought it was funny given yesterday (and this morning's) conversation in the ol' megathread.

DyerMaker66*

I think you know what the answer really was and are now trying to evade admitting you are wrong.
Not evading anything. You gave me two choices, neither of which is the correct one. Like me asking:"What's 1 plus 1: 3 or 4". I simply replied with the correct answer.

It was explained to you that they were going to select Chychrun at #7 until Clayton Keller fell into their lap. Obviously they did not expect Keller to be there and had no other forward prospect on their radar. It happens.
Yeah, they had to sign Pronger so they could not take Chychrun and then take him. Makes sense.

Funny, we're actually focusing on the second time they're doing it and people are still defending them. At least they still have Grossman though.

So they spent the next 9 picks trying to move up, hoping that they could find another trade partner to take their #20 and whatever else they'd want. It ended up being Detroit.
The Coyotes weren't the only other team to trade up in that draft to get a particular player. All teams do it. What's your excuse for them??
What do they need an excuse for? They're not paying Pronger to sit. You're completely missing the point: Who gives a **** who moves where in the draft? The problem is they continue to pickup players who will never play for them and continue paying them to play for another team. All while being in the NHL basement in both standings and attendance.

I think I already know what that answer will be.

Yeah, it's that there are more than 2 answers to every question. Glad I could help.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The problem is they continue to pickup players who will either never play for them and continue paying them to play for another team.

They have picked up a total of two contracts of players who will never play for them. Both contracts expire after this season.

They are paying two players to play elsewhere. One of them is Mike Ribeiro, whose cap hit lasts until 2020. Vermette is the other one, and he comes off the books in 2018.

Other teams who are paying players to play elsewhere: Philadelphia, Minnesota, Vancouver, Colorado, Columbus, Calgary, Los Angeles, Edmonton, Nashville, Boston, Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Toronto. And those are just the teams who have bought players out in this offseason; it doesn't even account for players bought out in previous seasons who still count against their teams' cap.

DyerMaker66*

I'd say 4 qualifies as "continue".

Those other teams aren't the Coyotes and don't have the problems the Coyotes do. The Leafs can afford to buyout players: They have a crap tonne of money and are in the middle of a rebuild. Their arena and attendance situations are fine.

The Coyotes have no money, poor attendance and soon no arena. The only thing they have in common is their current on-ice ability.

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
I'd say 4 qualifies as "continue".

Those other teams aren't the Coyotes and don't have the problems the Coyotes do. The Leafs can afford to buyout players: They have a crap tonne of money and are in the middle of a rebuild. Their arena and attendance situations are fine.

The Coyotes have no money, poor attendance and soon no arena. The only thing they have in common is their current on-ice ability.

Say hi to them for me when they get there, will ya? Give Doan a cup of orange gatorade after every second period, he likes that. :sarcasm:

DyerMaker66*

Say hi to them for me when they get there, will ya? Give Doan a cup of orange gatorade after every second period, he likes that. :sarcasm:

I see you sell non-sequitors and non-sequitor accessories.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Not evading anything. You gave me two choices, neither of which is the correct one. Like me asking:"What's 1 plus 1: 3 or 4". I simply replied with the correct answer.

I asked for an honest answer. No choices involved. You decided to be obtuse..... as usual.

Yeah, they had to sign Pronger so they could not take Chychrun and then take him. Makes sense.

Funny, we're actually focusing on the second time they're doing it and people are still defending them. At least they still have Grossman though.

It was Datsyuk's contract they took in order to get Chychrun. . Not Pronger. Again more obtusive rhetoric.

What do they need an excuse for? They're not paying Pronger to sit. You're completely missing the point: Who gives a **** who moves where in the draft? The problem is they continue to pickup players who will never play for them and continue paying them to play for another team. All while being in the NHL basement in both standings and attendance.

No ..... you keep deliberately AVOIDING the point that teams often change their plans on the fly. The Coyotes aren't exclusive to that and they aren't the only team to have ever taken on dead money to make a deal. Toronto has more than one player on their books who no longer play for them and how has that worked out?? By your definition they're a bunch of cheap ********* too.

Yeah, it's that there are more than 2 answers to every question. Glad I could help.

There two types however. There are honest answers.... and then there are ones that evade and deflect from them. Guess which category yours seem to keep falling into. ;)

Have a nice day..... :)

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
That did not last long...

Wild boss Craig Leipold to buy out minority owner

To quote:

"Wild majority owner Craig Leipold has begun the process of buying out Matt Hulsizer’s [former Coyote franchise suitor - Ed.] 27 percent share of the team.

Hulsizer stepped in 18 months ago to assume Phil Falcone’s share of the Wild.

Leipold said he and Hulsizer are departing on friendly terms. The decision is driven by Leipold’s desire to keep the Wild in his family long-term and Hulsizer’s desire to eventually own a larger chunk of the franchise and be more involved in hockey decisions.

The transaction, which could take months to consummate, will bring Leipold’s stake of the Wild to nearly 95 percent."

Source: http://www.startribune.com/wild-boss-craig-leipold-to-buy-out-minority-owner/388994391/

Last edited:

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ

Replay is not their web site yet, but apparently, Craig Morgan stated Mr LeBlanc will partner with ASU on that new arena... :shakehead

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016

Replay is not their web site yet, but apparently, Craig Morgan stated Mr LeBlanc will partner with ASU on that new arena... :shakehead

Well then, it is time for some reporter(not Coyote Morgan) to get a quote from ASU about their new partner:amazed:

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Well then, it is time for some reporter(not Coyote Morgan) to get a quote from ASU about their new partner:amazed:

See this previous post...

Once again, we have cheerleader, Craigette, stating things without any independent sources to confirm... :shakehead

However, Mr LeBlanc is like a child, repeating the same thing over and over, in the hopes that it will come true...

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Thank you Llama. Ya, I know that Coyote M. is an unofficial member of the team's PR department. I thought maybe that I had missed something recently though. Everything remains status quo then. IA continues to suggest they have many potential partners, the supposed partners don't know what IA is talking about:laugh:

Meanwhile, I wish someone would ask Craig about the the probability of this being a true lame duck season. No agreements signed, either for construction or lease extension. Answer would likely be along the lines of "super duper progressed yada yada":)

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
One would think someone in the media would ask a direct question to either Morgan on these such things or even to ASU on anything they can confirm. At least acknowledge discussions. Heck I'm sure poeple from the tribe can talk...nothing even on that front.

I think the media up here at least is so tired of following the Coyotes issues, no one will bother to dig. Just take the same recycled news, nod their heads...or shake their....carry on until there is something with substance to talk about.

Otherwise, it's just a guessing game, staring at plots of dirt and see if something will grow.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
However, Mr LeBlanc is like a child, repeating the same thing over and over, in the hopes that it will come true...

.... :laugh: pretty much... always thought him (and that type) a confused delusional disciple of Norman Vincent Peale... The power of positive thinking... Simpleton philosopher who's refrigerator is covered with vacuous magnetic bromides... plastered with plastic 1000 dollar bills... slogans like "Just Do It" because all he needs to do is to close his eyes & imagine it & if he blindly & wilfully imagines it hard enough then... its going to happen.... and so......... Matthew Hulsizer huh?...... wonder what's really going on with that because I dont for a minute buy that "story" from Craig Liarpold... reckon we'll be seeing a return of the Prodigal Son, back in this here frame in the near future.... Get the band back together again huh?... God help you Arizona.... theres a storm brewin.... feel it in me joints.... crick.....

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
reckon we'll be seeing a return of the Prodigal Son, back in this here frame in the near future.... Get the band back together again huh?... God help you Arizona.... theres a storm brewin.... feel it in me joints.... crick.....

Hearsay being what it is, I'm reluctant to post this - but Hulsizer's name is not on the list of past players in the Coyotes' drama that I've heard might be angling to get back in the spotlight.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
.... :laugh: pretty much... always thought him (and that type) a confused delusional disciple of Norman Vincent Peale... The power of positive thinking... Simpleton philosopher who's refrigerator is covered with vacuous magnetic bromides... plastered with plastic 1000 dollar bills... slogans like "Just Do It" because all he needs to do is to close his eyes & imagine it & if he blindly & wilfully imagines it hard enough then... its going to happen.... and so......... Matthew Hulsizer huh?...... wonder what's really going on with that because I dont for a minute buy that "story" from Craig Liarpold... reckon we'll be seeing a return of the Prodigal Son, back in this here frame in the near future.... Get the band back together again huh?... God help you Arizona.... theres a storm brewin.... feel it in me joints.... crick.....

Yes, bring back Hulsizer:handclap: I wonder what Greg Jamison is up to? This season could be like a TV series finale:) Cameo appearances by all the past participants. Go out with a season to remember:handclap::handclap::handclap:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Hearsay being what it is, I'm reluctant to post this - but Hulsizer's name is not on the list of past players in the Coyotes' drama that I've heard might be angling to get back in the spotlight.

Hulsizer wants to angle himself in somewhere to the point that he gets to call the shots. He bought into Minnesota for that reason but Leopold wasn't about to allow that.

So that would probably rule out IA. Barroway is an alpha dog himself by nature so that's never going to work. Would probably rule out Karmanos as well in Carolina.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Thank you Llama. Ya, I know that Coyote M. is an unofficial member of the team's PR department. I thought maybe that I had missed something recently though. Everything remains status quo then. IA continues to suggest they have many potential partners, the supposed partners don't know what IA is talking about:laugh:

Meanwhile, I wish someone would ask Craig about the the probability of this being a true lame duck season. No agreements signed, either for construction or lease extension. Answer would likely be along the lines of "super duper progressed yada yada":)

You can ask him yourself...

@craigmorgan on Twitter.

I'm always amused every time I see someone post "Why doesn't someone ask..." in some sort of dramatic fashion as if mountains are going to move if they actually follow through with it.

See this previous post...

Once again, we have cheerleader, Craigette, stating things without any independent sources to confirm... :shakehead

Ya know this kinda reminds me of someone else........... :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad