Phoenix CVI: It's good to talk these things out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
What's the incentive for the team and league to agree to a scenario where they might not be the arena manager for a year?

I'll get back to you on that. Still pouring thru the First Amendment AMULA for additional triggers and I might have to correct myself later but... essentially if Glendale chose to do so they could already place another AM at GRA that would receive the $6.5M (or another negotiated term but me thinks if its SMG it'll stay at that $6.5M) and the Coyotes essentially still draw the revenues outlined in this new revised Agreement.

Here it is

Upon delivery of the Arena Management Replacement Notice the City and the Arena Manager shall amend the Agreement as necessary to reflect such replacement including, without limitation, Exclusive Arena Manager Revenues, Section 1.1.5, Section 9 (Charges and Fees), the deletion of Sections 8.1 and 8.4 thereof as well as Exhibits “Câ€, “Fâ€, “Gâ€, “Hâ€, and “L provided, that notwithstanding such replacement, the Team Owner shall have the right to generate, collect and retain the Exclusive Arena Manager Revenues attributable to Hockey Events. Team Owner shall have no right to any and all revenues, including surcharges, that are attributable to Non-Hockey events.

Parties expressly agree that in the event the City replaces the Arena Manager that the Team Owner will have the right to continue to receive concession, sponsorship and licensing revenues attributable directly to hockey events for the remainder of the term of the agreement. The Parties also agree that the replacement Arena Manager will not be permitted to charge or assess Surcharges or Supplemental Surcharges on any Coyotes Hockey Event tickets. Notwithstanding the foregoing, parties will negotiate in good faith and shall amend the agreement as necessary to reflect this understanding.

Furthermore, in the event that the city replaces the Arena Manager, the management fee described in section 10.1 shall be prorated based upon the number of months Arena Manager has served as the Arena Manager. By way of example, in the event that the city replaces the Arena Manager effective in the third month of the fiscal year, the Arena Manager will be paid one million eighty three thousand three hundred thirty-three dollars and thirty-three cents ($1,083,333.33) for the two months of service performed by the Arena Manager ($6,500,000÷12 x 2).

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
11700962_10206490482153536_3036670818460021777_n.jpg

to be continued :laugh:

King_Stannis

Jun 14, 2007
Erie PA, USA
So to the casual fan, this would maybe have the right appearance to avoid a lame duck season? To me, I would still avoid full investment in this team if I were a fan in the area.

Well, every excuse under the sun has been given for the poor fan support and attendance so why not use a dispute that started in June and ended in July as yet another one.

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
So in two years, it seems these are the options. Some more realistic than others.

1. Re-locate somewhere. Does this give Seattle enough time to get an arena deal finalized? Are Toronto 2 or Portland the fallback options if they don't get it done?

2. Move elsewhere in Phoenix. Be a sub-tenant to the Suns in Talking Stick or potential new arena.

3. Hope for a new council in Glendale that would be more willing to go back to a $15M AMF.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So in two years, it seems these are the options.

1. Re-locate somewhere. Does this give Seattle enough time to get an arena deal finalized? Are Toronto 2 or Portland the fallback options if they don't get it done?

2. Move elsewhere in Phoenix. Be a sub-tenant to the Suns in Talking Stick or potential new arena.

3. Hope for a new council in Glendale that would be more willing to go back to a $15M AMF.

1) Portland, maybe. Tukwila if they can get the arena done in time. Toronto? Hell no.

2) Not likely.

3) Completely impossible. The subsidy is gone after this season when Glendale gets a new arena management company, and no future council is going to reverse course on that.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
From all appearances, the team of Bowers, Bailey, and Beelzebub wrote a pretty good 'new' arena management agreement in short order... :D

habsinottawa

May 9, 2011
So much for the band, it's time for the Tindall solo album :handclap:

This will look good on his resume

"-Fired for forgetting the clause I placed in a contract written mainly by myself and subsequentlly costing my new employers millions from a sweetheart deal. Love a good a frapuccino."

RandR

May 15, 2011
So in two years, it seems these are the options. Some more realistic than others.

Fact still remains that none of CoG, IA or NHL want this team to move.

So let's not forget the following option:

4. Negotiate the best deal you can get with CoG and continue on with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad