Phoenix Coyotes and Fox Sports Arizona agree on a 12 year Television deal

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Non-televised games + the stupid blackout rules are evil.

/broken record post I've made for the last 7 years.

It's funny how much they touted all games last year being televised only to revert back to the same stuff this season.

Wonder if they'll negotiate with AZ3TV and CW6 to televise the 8 games not on the FSAZ schedule? Seems like that was done separately last year.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Wonder if they'll negotiate with AZ3TV and CW6 to televise the 8 games not on the FSAZ schedule? Seems like that was done separately last year.

I doubt it. If you go back to when that all happened first it was FSAZ going on a month to month basis till a full deal could be hammered out. Then in the interim the Yotes also made the deal with 3tv/cw6. After the deal with the 3tv/cw6 was announced before the full 12 year contract came out with FSAZ which said was exclusive.

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Phoenix Coyotes and the team’s regional sports television partner, FOX Sports Arizona, announced today a new long-term television rights agreement that ensures FOX Sports Arizona will remain the Coyotes’ exclusive local television partner well into the next decade. As per club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

So the 3tv/cw6 deal stayed in place only for those games due to it already being agreed upon. Doubt the Coyotes even have the right under the FSAZ deal to search for another partner on those games.

Last edited:

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I doubt it. If you go back to when that all happened first it was FSAZ going on a month to month basis till a full deal could be hammered out. Then in the interim the Yotes also made the deal with 3tv/cw6. After the deal with the 3tv/cw6 was announced before the full 12 year contract came out with FSAZ which said was exclusive.

So the 3tv/cw6 deal stayed in place only for those games due to it already being agreed upon. Doubt the Coyotes even have the right under the FSAZ deal to search for another partner on those games.

Well that's crappy. The radio will probably be on AM860 for those games, too.

howlincoyote2k1

Apr 14, 2005
Provo, Utah
Saturday, Nov. 1: at Carolina, 5 p.m. (Must be a Suns/NCAA thing)
Saturday, Jan. 31: at Ottawa, 1 p.m. (Suns but what else is on?)
Sunday, Feb. 1: at Montreal, 11 a.m. (Stupid, Super Bowl is hours later and nothing till).
).

It seems like Coyotes road games on the east coast are always blacked out. Ottawa, Montreal and Carolina are the worst offenders.

I don't think I've ever seen a Coyotes @ Canadiens game televised, in fact.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well that's crappy. The radio will probably be on AM860 for those games, too.

Hopefully soon the radio front they'll spinoff 620 separate from 98.7. Then the Yotes can either be on 98.7 or 620. For now they are simulcast for ratings purposes but it wont be that way forever.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
So what does that mean with Center Ice? Can I go to a bar and watch the other team's feed of the Coyotes game, or is it just not on TV period here in Arizona?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
And we still don't have any news on how much money the Coyotes will get(if they do of course) out of this contract as of today?

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The accessibility of the channel is stupid but its also the lack of a true pre/post game show. It gets thrown on, most people dont know about the channel and ratings are low, then you get these stupid commercials that look like your watching Public Access.

They've run pre/post game shows on FSA+ if that's what you are referring to.

Channel 3 didn't run either, nor did they have replays, but pre/post shows are Fox's so it's their call, or it's what the costs would be to Channel 3 for including them (not cheap). Channel 3 also isn't geared as a sports station, so its ad department isn't going to go out and sell ads to that genre.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Fox Sports Arizona adds 4 games to the broadcast schedule...

@cmorganfoxaz

#Coyotes & FOX Sports Arizona announce that 4 additional games will be televised on FSAZ & and FSAZ Plus.

‏@cmorganfoxaz

Nov. 1 at Carolina, FSAZ Plus; Dec. 11 vs. Nashville, FSAZ; Jan. 6 vs St. Louis, FSAZ Plus; Mar. 9 vs. Nashville FSAZ Plus.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Looking at the schedule, one of them is on something called "City Tv". Dont think thats on Cox. With 1 million channels, it shouldnt be hard to have them all televised.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
On arizonacoyotes.com, the schedule only shows 3 games with no broadcast here. 12/23 @EDM, 1/31 @ OTT, 4/7 @CGY.

edit: also 2/1 @MTL is only on 'City TV', which is Toronto.

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
On arizonacoyotes.com, the schedule only shows 3 games with no broadcast here. 12/23 @EDM, 1/31 @ OTT, 4/7 @CGY.

edit: also 2/1 @MTL is only on 'City TV', which is Toronto.
I can all but guarantee if the Coyotes are in serious contention for a playoff spot or are already a playoff team, that 4/7 game will be picked up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad