GDT: Phoe....I mean Arizona Vitales Visit Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Well after our recent slide I'd really like to see a solid 60 minutes against a pretty bad team. I'd love to run up the score in this one. 7-1 Pens with Sid's hat trick would just be icing... especially given that we haven't seen a Sid hat trick in WAY too long.

Malkin may be back if he feels well tonight according to the Penguins Twitter page, so maybe that will balance the lines better too.

Perron-Crosby-Winnik
Kunitz-Malkin-Comeau
Downie-Sutter-Spaling
Adams-Lapierre-Bennett i'm expecting.

Also wouldn't be shocked to see Greiss in net.

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I have a feeling we wont see Malkin untill the playoffs. Pens will barely win this game, probably 3-2 in the shootout.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
If the passing of MJ's mom doesn't motivate the Pens to win for their coach i dunno what will. MJ might lose a little focus on those 2 games though. RIP

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Maybe this will be the kick the team needs like when St. Louis' mom passed away. Does that make me a bad guy for saying that?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
quoted this from the Kings PGT
Now comes the Pens biggest test of the season. How they proceed.

-They could build on this. Keep trying to improve every game and focus on smart playoff hockey.

-Or they could take this as an affirmation of greatness, continue putting in sloppy, 40 minute efforts, and tell themselves it doesn't matter because they proved that they can flip the switch tonight.

I was thinking about this yesterday. We sure screwed the pooch in that respect.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I have zero faith that this club can score goals even against the worst teams in hockey. At best, I think it will be a repeat of the last time the Pens played Arizona, a 3-1 win with the 3rd goal coming into an empty net.

On a non-hockey note: Sad to hear about Johnston's mother. Having lost a parent already, I know how crushing it is.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What's the Over/Under for Smith shooting a puck off of a Penguin and scoring on himself for this one?

I got fiddy five buckaroos burning a hole in my pocket.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just hoping Geno plays today.

This team can't improve it's play and produce with 50 goals being out of the lineup. It's really just that simple. They played really well against Boston without Sid and Geno and that resulted in no goals. They played well in spurts without Geno and Horny but it's resulted in no goals. Getting Geno and Horny back asap is so important if this team wants to start the playoffs on the right foot.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Malkin isn't that surprising. Horns kind of is, though. I was under the impression that he would likely be on the shelf for another game or two. I realize both guys are beyond eager to try to help their team out of this funk but honestly... I hope they aren't rushing things. Malkin, especially, is going to have to be healthy and playing the best hockey of his career just to get them out of the first round. And rake in some of that sweet, sweet playoff revenue. Because that's really all that matters.

Condolences re: MJ's mother. Problems with the team, aside... that's tough to hear. Stuff like that will always be much bigger than sports. At least to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad