Pre-Game Talk: Philly @ Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
It's Weiss' chance to shine and I hope he takes it and runs with it. With that hefty of a contract and how much he's produced I'm slowly slowly regretting the choice (I was a big Filppula proponent but was hoping Weiss would prove me wrong)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
“Weisser came here and got hurt and then he got hurt again so here’s an opportunity,’’ Babcock said.

He said of that line: “They’re going to play against good players. (Weiss) has got to play good offensively and defensively. Mule’s going to start in the middle, but whoever can win faceoffs will be the one to play in the middle. Just play well and play hard.’’

abcock said Weiss will play on a power-play unit with Franzen and Justin Abdelkader up front and Niklas Kronwall and Daniel Alfredsson at the points. The other power-play unit features Darren Helm, Tomas Tatar and Nyquist up front and Jakub Kindl and Samuelsson at the points.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/12/red_wings_give_struggling_step.html

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
It's Weiss' chance to shine and I hope he takes it and runs with it. With that hefty of a contract and how much he's produced I'm slowly slowly regretting the choice (I was a big Filppula proponent but was hoping Weiss would prove me wrong)

it wasn't wings choice. they wanted to re-sign flip, they made many offers to flip but he wanted to move on.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
“Weisser came here and got hurt and then he got hurt again so here’s an opportunity,’’ Babcock said.

He said of that line: “They’re going to play against good players. (Weiss) has got to play good offensively and defensively. Mule’s going to start in the middle, but whoever can win faceoffs will be the one to play in the middle. Just play well and play hard.’’

Babcock said Weiss will play on a power-play unit with Franzen and Justin Abdelkader up front and Niklas Kronwall and Daniel Alfredsson at the points. The other power-play unit features Darren Helm, Tomas Tatar and Nyquist up front and Jakub Kindl and Samuelsson at the points.

Top line minutes and top PP line... Run with it Weiss! Fingers crossed

Last edited:

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
it wasn't wings choice. they wanted to re-sign flip, they made many offers to flip but he wanted to move on.

Really? I was under the impression that management didn't want to give him the big enough contract that he wanted because he had such an awful season last year after that monstrous one.

I remember following Free Agent Friday and all the threads on here were about how he wasn't worth 5mil and that's why he was leaving. Either way I was always a big fan of Filppula

NyquistIsMyGod*

Really is Weiss' chance here. I really hope he can run with it. If Weiss can perform, I'd love to see the following line-up when we're healthy:

Zetterberg-Weiss-Franzen
Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Nyquist-Helm-Tatar
Miller-Andersson-Cleary

Ideally our third line becomes the best in the NHL. Second line is smooth. First line has stars, and it gets Weiss performing. That's a bunch of players capable of a .50 PPG.

I'm really hoping Weiss can get it going. I'm strangely excited to see Emmerton up. He should be real hungry.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
Really is Weiss' chance here. I really hope he can run with it. If Weiss can perform, I'd love to see the following line-up when we're healthy:

Zetterberg-Weiss-Franzen
Nyquist-Helm-Tatar
Miller-Andersson-Cleary

Ideally our third line becomes the best in the NHL. Second line is smooth. First line has stars, and it gets Weiss performing. That's a bunch of players capable of a .50 PPG.

I'm really hoping Weiss can get it going. I'm strangely excited to see Emmerton up. He should be real hungry.

That Pavelski third line in San Jose is pretty sharp ;)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Really? I was under the impression that management didn't want to give him the big enough contract that he wanted because he had such an awful season last year after that monstrous one.

I remember following Free Agent Friday and all the threads on here were about how he wasn't worth 5mil and that's why he was leaving. Either way I was always a big fan of Filppula

they offered him 7x4.75 mil just before FA, holland said this on radio about a month ago. and with reports that he despises babcock.. it seems pretty clear to me that he wanted to move on.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
they offered him 7x4.75 mil just before FA, holland said this on radio about a month ago. and with reports that he despises babcock.. it seems pretty clear to me that he wanted to move on.

Knew about the offer, didn't know about the Babcock - Flip feud... If true, makes sense.

NyquistIsMyGod*

That Pavelski third line in San Jose is pretty sharp ;)

That's true. Top three fine with you? :p It has speed, puck possession and is responsible defensively. I've been wanting Zetterberg with Weiss all season long. Abby and Alfredsson have found chemsitry too. Fits with Dats because both can handle the puck for shorts amount of time, work hard, finish, and work off the puck. Abby's finish is looking better, but it's still rough.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Zetterberg-Weiss-Franzen
Nyquist-Helm-Tatar
Miller-Andersson-Cleary

I would sub in Bert for Abby on the 2nd line and Abby for Cleary for the 4th, but we all know that wont happen.

Hariken

Apr 7, 2013
The bottom 6 is absolutely brutal with the entire top line out. Pressure on the top 6 to perform.

NyquistIsMyGod*

I would sub in Bert for Abby on the 2nd line and Abby for Cleary for the 4th, but we all know that wont happen.

Yup. I actually figured Bert rotating in and out with Datsyuk, and Abby moving up and down. More so Abby plays in key situations, and gets the third line shifts up top.

The bottom 6 is absolutely brutal with the entire top line out. Pressure on the top 6 to perform.

What are you talking about? The third line has been performing. Drew Miller has 3 goals in 5 games. Joakim Andersson is looking okay, and Tomas Tatar is playing some unreal hockey. Third line right now is fine.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
I don't know about you guys, but I love seeing the Euro Twins together on the top line... Might not be what's best for the team in certain situations but it makes for great hockey. I'm being selfish here :sarcasm:

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I really hope Weiss play better until Datsyuk comes back.

If Weiss does play decent on the Franzen line it will be perfect when Z and D comes back.

Z - D - Bert (the original 1st line re-united)
Nyquist - Weiss - Franzen (current 1st line)
Abs - Helm - Alfe
Miller - Andersson - Tatar

Which was the original plan. (Z/D, Weiss, Helm, Andersson in the middle)

Last edited:

NyquistIsMyGod*

If Weiss does play decent on the Franzen line it will be perfect when Z and D comes back.

Tatar - Helm - Alfe
Miller - Andersson - whocares

Yeah, who cares about Abdelkader.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Yeah, who cares about Abdelkader.

LOL that's who I forgot! Fixed.

Abs - Helm - Alfe

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012

Abs - Helm - Alfe

I really like Tats and Millsy together, they seem to have a lot of chemistry... Based on the last two games they have played together

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i'd do

z-d-alfie
nyquist-weiss-franzen
tatar-helm-abby
miller-andy-bert

4th line is meh but they aren't going to see much ice time anyway.

though last_sd's line are good too, team would be able to roll all 4 lines.

NyquistIsMyGod*

If Bert's on the fourth line, any line outside of the top six, there's no point of having him at all. I also like Alfredsson with the kids, as he really plays well with them. No point of having a star with Dats and Z. That's why a player like Bert and Abby work well. Can work off of them, don't need the puck, and really don't take too much away from secondary scoring.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
z-d-alfie
nyquist-weiss-franzen
tatar-helm-abby
miller-andy-bert
These are my lines as well. Miller and Andy are going to get ice time regardless because of the PK. Otherwise, Tatar/Abby have played together a bit and Abby is showing some ability this year. I figure he brings at least as much as Miller and a little more grit.

Z,D, Alfie, Nyquist, Weiss, Franzen, Tatar, 7 forwards for PP duty. Kronwall, Smith, Kindl for the D. No big deal.

If Bert's on the fourth line, any line outside of the top six, there's no point of having him at all.
He's still a big guy with decent puck possession and skill. Something that Cleary lacks completely. Sammy is okay but it's really a wash. Plus they'd likely only play 7-10 minutes a night anyway. (And if there's no Sammy, then Babs can't use him on the point!)

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Oh and when Dats and Z come back. I PREFER having them separated. I love the Nyquist-Z-Mule line. Only way I would like 'em back together is if Weiss becomes and awesome 2nd line center that has great chemistry with Nyquist/Tatar and Mule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad