Proposal: Philly and Carolina

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Heinen straight up for Simmonds would be a good move for the Flyers in my opinion. Not sure why Boston would do it though.

Cant say Boston should do it. but justification may be krejci and bergeron not getting older, tag on Chara, etc. Maybe they feel current 'core' is good and just need an over the op piece, and view simmonds as that guy.

Dont think he is.. but they went in on nash this year, so maybe they do?

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I'd do this all day as a Canes fan. Not even sure where Rask fits in Canes lineup next year, and Canes are Charmin soft everywhere.

However someone proposed a Fleury/Faulk second pairing above....my god thats a horrible idea. they'd be a -60

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'd do this all day as a Canes fan. Not even sure where Rask fits in Canes lineup next year, and Canes are Charmin soft everywhere.

However someone proposed a Fleury/Faulk second pairing above....my god thats a horrible idea. they'd be a -60

Fleury/Faulk was one of the Canes most common defensive pairings last year. The most common pairings for Carolina last year were:

Slavin-Pesce
Fleury-Faulk
Hanifin-TVR (the most sheltered pair).

Fleury was a -2 and Faulk was a -26. Hanifin / Faulk would be a much worse idea.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Fleury/Faulk was one of the Canes most common defensive pairings last year. The most common pairings for Carolina last year were:

Slavin-Pesce
Fleury-Faulk
Hanifin-TVR (the most sheltered pair).

Fleury was a -2 and Faulk was a -26. Hanifin / Faulk would be a much worse idea.

According to DobberHockey:

Haydn Fleury’s most common linemates:
Fleury-Faulk = 47.14%
Fleury-TVR = 24.98%

Faulk’s most common linemates:
Fleury-Faulk = 34.32%
Slavin-Faulk = 24.3%
Hanifin-Faulk = 20.38%

As you say though, the real issue with the Canes is that Faulk and Hanifin are both offensive top-4 D but they are a disaster playing together. Which forces the Canes to either 1) Break up Slavin-Pesce or 2) Throw Fleury to the wolves. They tried both with limited success.

I think the Canes defense would come a long way just replacing one of Faulk/Hanifin with a guy like De Haan or Hjalmarsson. More likely than not either Faulk will go or Fleury will go and Hanifin will continue to be sheltered on the 3rd pair.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
With news of Morin needing knee surgery breaking today, this would make out D core charmin soft. Then again, if neutered Gudas shows up, its already there anyway.

I'd probably do it and look for a cheap veteran 3rdpair RHD.
hamhuis is a UFA

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
How about you suggest a solution than rather than simply complaining. I've got news for you, Filppula or anyone else on the roster currently isn't going to cut the mustard and the fre agent market isn't deep with top 9 centers.
You must be new on Flyers boards.. I knew Flippers news before he was traded to Philly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad