Proposal: Philly and Carolina

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Done.

Carolina shaves 2 years and $10.1 mil from the books, gets a fellow Czech to help Necas get acclimated to the NHL and becomes tougher to play against.

Slavin – Pesce
Fleury – Faulk
Hanifin – Gudas.
Carrick/Vet 7th Defenseman

TvR flipped for a pick.

Reactions: The Madrigal

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Done.

Carolina shaves 2 years and $10.1 mil from the books, gets a fellow Czech to help Necas get acclimated to the NHL and becomes tougher to play against.

Slavin – Pesce
Fleury – Faulk
Hanifin – Gudas.
Carrick/Vet 7th Defenseman

TvR flipped for a pick.
Flyers get the third line center they really need and while Rask is probably a little bit overpaid I imagine a guy like Bozak is going to get similar money on the open market this summer. It also frees up a spot for one of the Flyers young defenseman. I think it's a deal that makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Flyers get the third line center they really need and while Rask is probably a little bit overpaid I imagine a guy like Bozak is going to get similar money on the open market this summer. It also frees up a spot for one of the Flyers young defenseman. I think it's a deal that makes a lot of sense for both teams.

With news of Morin needing knee surgery breaking today, this would make out D core charmin soft. Then again, if neutered Gudas shows up, its already there anyway.

I'd probably do it and look for a cheap veteran 3rdpair RHD.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

It is important to note, however, that Rask just had shoulder surgery. Not sure of the magnitude. While I think this is a solid proposal that has logic for both side, I'm not sure Hextall would take the risk. Of course, he was part of the Kings FO that traded for Williams shortly after ACL, achilles and hand injuries; that turned out well for L.A.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Another soft average skater to Philadelphia? Great!

Last edited:

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Another soft average skater to Philadelphia? Great!
How about you suggest a solution than rather than simply complaining. I've got news for you, Filppula or anyone else on the roster currently isn't going to cut the mustard and the fre agent market isn't deep with top 9 centers.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
With news of Morin needing knee surgery breaking today, this would make out D core charmin soft. Then again, if neutered Gudas shows up, its already there anyway.

I'd probably do it and look for a cheap veteran 3rdpair RHD.
That's a good point. My honest response to that though is, I think they can find a free agent RH D to play on the third pair a lot easier than finding an upgrade at center. After JT, Stastny, and Bozak there isn't anyone I would consider a definite upgrade to Filppula who we all know wasn't good enough.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That's a good point. My honest response to that though is, I think they can find a free agent RH D to play on the third pair a lot easier than finding an upgrade at center. After JT, Stastny, and Bozak there isn't anyone I would consider a definite upgrade to Filppula who we all know wasn't good enough.

For sure, thats why i suggested it :p

UFA centers are going to cost too much money and or term for my liking. Id consider Riley Nash as a speedy 3c, with the option to swap him to wing when Frost is ready, but off the top of my head - yeah i cant really think of anyone

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
For sure, thats why i suggested it :p

UFA centers are going to cost too much money and or term for my liking. Id consider Riley Nash as a speedy 3c, with the option to swap him to wing when Frost is ready, but off the top of my head - yeah i cant really think of anyone
It's JT, Stastny, Bozak as clear upgrades for the Flyers. Riley Nash is interesting and a wild card. Would I prefer him to Filppula, yes, is he a slam dunk significant upgrade, no. After those guys you might as well just bring back Filppula because guys like Plekanec, Derek Ryan, etc aren't upgrades. That's why I think the Flyers might have to explore the trade market if they are going to get the upgrade they need at center. If not Gudas maybe the 50th overall pick is a chip they can use to acquire someone.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's JT, Stastny, Bozak as clear upgrades for the Flyers. Riley Nash is interesting and a wild card. Would I prefer him to Filppula, yes, is he a slam dunk significant upgrade, no. After those guys you might as well just bring back Filppula because guys like Plekanec, Derek Ryan, etc aren't upgrades. That's why I think the Flyers might have to explore the trade market if they are going to get the upgrade they need at center. If not Gudas maybe the 50th overall pick is a chip they can use to acquire someone.

Correct, And im not sure i want to overpay for those guys. Nash would be a gamble for sure, but depending on the asking price, one id consider. No big moves unless we significantly upgade the G position though - which we shouldnt do because itd be too cost prohibitive.

More and more im coming on board with moving Simmonds to Boston for Heinen +, which would lend itself well to acquiring Nash, since they already have some chemistry together.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Correct, And im not sure i want to overpay for those guys. Nash would be a gamble for sure, but depending on the asking price, one id consider. No big moves unless we significantly upgade the G position though - which we shouldnt do because itd be too cost prohibitive.

More and more im coming on board with moving Simmonds to Boston for Heinen +, which would lend itself well to acquiring Nash, since they already have some chemistry together.
Heinen straight up for Simmonds would be a good move for the Flyers in my opinion. Not sure why Boston would do it though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad