Value of: Phillip Danault

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Out of curiosity, would Habs fans be interested in a Brassard for Danault swap (contingent on Brass agreeing to sign an extension in Montreal) to get a legit scoring line center or are you committed to the Hughes thing?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Out of curiosity, would Habs fans be interested in a Brassard for Danault swap (contingent on Brass agreeing to sign an extension in Montreal) to get a legit scoring line center or are you committed to the Hughes thing?

They could just wait a year and have all 3...

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

No.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Danault is untouchable.

Even for a better C, untouchable. We'll find another way.

Danault is un-touch-a-ble!

Lock it.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
That's just downright sad. How that moron GM keeps his job is head scratching.

It's Drouin, but some Habs fans love to say stupid things just to make Bergevin look even worst than he is. The current centers for the Habs are Drouin, Danault, Plekanec, Shaw, De La Rose, Peca, McCarron and Froese, while Domi and Hudon also have some experience as centers. There's also Kotkaniemi and Poehling who have an outside chance of making the team, but that's more likely for the year after.

That's not a powerful center line, but at least Plekanec is clearly on the bottom 6 in a defensive role.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
It's Drouin, but some Habs fans love to say stupid things just to make Bergevin look even worst than he is. The current centers for the Habs are Drouin, Danault, Plekanec, Shaw, De La Rose, Peca, McCarron and Froese, while Domi and Hudon also have some experience as centers. There's also Kotkaniemi and Poehling who have an outside chance of making the team, but that's more likely for the year after.

That's not a powerful center line, but at least Plekanec is clearly on the bottom 6 in a defensive role.

Deli in isn't a natural centre. And to the bolded: Not only are they not "Powerful", they're downright atrocious.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Based on last year, I'd rather have Plekanec than Drouin as the #1C. It's not "trying to make Bergevin look worse than he is", we just really, really don't have good centres. The prospect pool is looking good, though.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Based on last year, I'd rather have Plekanec than Drouin as the #1C. It's not "trying to make Bergevin look worse than he is", we just really, really don't have good centres. The prospect pool is looking good, though.

You seriously would take Pleky over Drouin??? Even though Drouin was producing at ppg for the last 15 games?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
You seriously would take Pleky over Drouin??? Even though Drouin was producing at ppg for the last 15 games?

I'll take a nothing over a big net negative any day. While Drouin seemed to pick it up a bit in the last few games, the sample size is way too small to consider it as development. He actually looked pretty good at the start of the season too but quickly started to struggle (because he lacks in some very basic areas of playing C). I believe he's going to be a solid player for us but a centre he is not.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I'll take a nothing over a big net negative any day. While Drouin seemed to pick it up a bit in the last few games, the sample size is way too small to consider it as development. He actually looked pretty good at the start of the season too but quickly started to struggle (because he lacks in some very basic areas of playing C). I believe he's going to be a solid player for us but a centre he is not.

I agree and I'd rather see him on the wing too. But by default I think he's currently our best option for the 1st line center. I'm willing to give him another year at C, since this is a tanking year anyway.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Right now Denault is Montreal’s number 1 centre. Drouin should be sheltered in the 2c if that’s the route they go with him. Denault can keep up on the first line but just can’t produce elite offense. If a team offers you a high end prospect or really high first round, take it. Otherwise keep Denault and trust that he’s your safe bet should one of their centre prospects bust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad