Value of: Phillip Danault

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Just wondering what his value would be.

I’m wondering if Bergevin would be looking to move him.

He’s already come out even before free agency that he expects Drouin to be at center.

They signed Plekanec which a lot of Habs fans know that he will be seeing more than the 4th line with Julien coaching.

The other interesting piece would be the signing of Peca. Sign him to a two year deal on a 1 way deal at 1.3mill. He is a natural center. Do they expect to roll:

Drouin
Danault
Plekanec
Peca

Or

Drouin
Peca
Plekanec
Froese/De La Rose/ Shaw

I know the second looks ridiculous but I honestly have no clue what the team is doing anymore. Maybe Danault is looking for north of 2.5mill cap hit.

If that’s the case what would teams offer up for Danault?

Last edited:

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
He's French, probably shouldn't cost too much, is the only natural center that belongs in a top 9 and although doesn't stand out does everything fairly well. He's a very good two way player and let's not forget he recently got 40 points and is still only 25. I think he's a candidate for a long term deal, 5 or 6 years around 3-3.5 million

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
High 1st is getting a little carried away, he probably wouldn't bring in more than a pick around the 20 mark at the draft. Not a legit top six guy
I think that’s what he meant by ‘high’ as in ‘high number’

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
The team with C problems for the last 2+ decades is gonna trade our one young C who has been progressing quite nicely because we signed Plekanec for 1 year and Matthew ******** Peca?

Sure

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Just wondering what his value would be.

I’m wondering if Bergevin would be looking to move him.

He’s already come out even before free agency that he expects Drouin to be at center.

They signed Plekanec which a lot of Habs fans know that he will be seeing more than the 4th line with Julien coaching.

The other interesting piece would be the signing of Peca. Sign him to a two year deal on a 1 way deal at 1.3mill. He is a natural center. Do they expect to roll:

Drouin
Danault
Plekanec
Peca

Or

Drouin
Peca
Plekanec
Froese/De La Rose/ Shaw

I know the second looks ridiculous but I honestly have no clue what the team is doing anymore. Maybe Danault is looking for north of 2.5mill cap hit.

If that’s the case what would teams offer up for Danault?

Danault is going to get 3-4 million long term no matter where he goes that is the going rate for a 3C who scores at about .5 p/g

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
He probably isn't getting moved. He's our 2c lol

Could even be our #1 C if the plan is to move Drouin back to C. Danault really isn't available barring a massive overpayment (and I don't think teams will be lining up to overpay for Danault).

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
We don't have any C's so lets trade our best/young center who's also extremely defensively reliable, oh yea and he's Quebecois.. makes sense!

:thumbu:

eSWD7Po.png

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad