Phillip Danault vs Anthony Cirelli

Danault VS Cirelli

• Total voters

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Cirelli got 3 less points in 3 less games and finished higher in Selke voting playing 3C while Danault played 1C.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Habs fan, voted cirelli even if they had a similar impact in the past season. Cirelli is more talented and should be more impactful in the next couple of years.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Stamkos played wing for most of the year. At 5v5 he either played next to Point or Cirelli for 556:53 of his total 769:01 this year. Cirelli averaged 18:28 this season, which was 3rd among all Tampa forwards in average ice time, and his most common linemates were Killorn, Johnson, Palat and Stamkos. Calling him the 3C on Tampa is not an accurate representation of his role this year. Danault plays slightly more, but they're essentially the same minutes (5 seconds more at ES, 37 seconds more on the PP and 18 less on the PK).

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Cirelli, has a better offensive game but I view both players' superb defensive skills the same.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Cirelli doesn't have the same track record, and has the benefit of playing behind a lot of supremely talented players, whereas Danault really hasn't had that. But i think the ceiling with Cirelli looks a lot higher. Danault...kinda is what he is, as a fantastic sorta #2/3ish C pressed into other duties, and handling as well as you possibly could expect. But if i'm looking for a #2C...i take Cirelli. If i'm looking for a #3C? Maybe i take Danault. But i'll go with the better fit in the bigger role...despite the fact the reality of their deployment is kind of opposite to that.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Cirelli got 3 less points in 3 less games and finished higher in Selke voting playing 3C while Danault played 1C.
Well that just goes to show how you have no clue what you are talking about. Both played the same minutes with Danault averaging 24 more seconds. Both also had fairly similar caliber linemates.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Well that just goes to show how you have no clue what you are talking about. Both played the same minutes with Danault averaging 24 more seconds. Both also had fairly similar caliber linemates.
Honestly it was in response to Kotka saying that Cirelli is a 3C and that's why he chose Danault. If that's the argument then why would it be in Danault's favor that Cirelli accomplished similar numbers with less opportunity? I'm aware that Stamkos played wing and Cirelli played a ton on the 2nd line.

Ratatoskr

May 27, 2004
Germany
I'm not entirely certain who the better is between the two, but I do think Danault is one of the more underrated players in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad