Value of: Philippe Myers next contract

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I think it'll be interesting, since almost every team is talking about trading players for either picks or a hockey trade. Just off the top of my head

Philly - JVR
Toronto - 1 or potentially 2 of Kapanen/AJ/Kerfoot
Tampa - 1 or potentially 2 of Palat/Johnson/Gourde/Killorn
NYI - Most likely has to clear space (unsure who's trade bait)
St. Louis - Bozak + Allen

Not to mention other teams that are potentially looking to move cap space like Vancouver, San Jose, Edmonton. Add in all the free agents and I don't think it'll be as easy to move a contract like JVR as you expect. I'd say close to half the league is looking to shed cap, a third are looking for incremental upgrades or standing pat, and a few will be open to taking on salary for the right price.

It wouldn't be that big of a concern if the flat cap was just this year, but it's for the next 3 years.

toronto only needs to move 1 (2 isnt happening) of those guys to bring in a dman in the 4-5mil range
dermott could also be trade bait as they would protect said acquired dman + Muzzin + Rielly

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Everyone now confident that Myers and Sanheim are the ED keepers and ghost will be exposed.

I think that is pretty much what everyone expects but what if Ghost has a HUGE bounce back uear next season? As it stands now, there wouldn't be any doubt in my mind but the expansion draft is still a full season away.

Personally, I'd be willing to put money on Ghost being exposed but I wouldn't take the chance of betting the entire farm on it if you catch my drift

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I think that is pretty much what everyone expects but what if Ghost has a HUGE bounce back uear next season? As it stands now, there wouldn't be any doubt in my mind but the expansion draft is still a full season away.

Personally, I'd be willing to put money on Ghost being exposed but I wouldn't take the chance of betting the entire farm on it if you catch my drift
If Ghost bounced back and had 55 point season its still hard to find a spot. Expose Jake, Oscar and Patrick and go 4x4? I know this Myers and Sanheim look like a 10 year tandem that you leave alone for a long time.

Reactions: phlocky

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
If Ghost bounced back and had 55 point season its still hard to find a spot. Expose Jake, Oscar and Patrick and go 4x4? I know this Myers and Sanheim look like a 10 year tandem that you leave alone for a long time.
I agree. If we are in that kind of boat I'd look to trade Ghost for a premium if we can (unless he shows he can play top pairing with Provo) and if not I look to bribe Seattle with a 1st or 2nd to pick JVR

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The Flyers have done an incredible job unearthing players like Myers and Zamula. Very impressive.

A lot of credit should go to Ron Hextall and Chris Pryor for some of the young talent the Flyers have amassed.
Hopefully Fletcher can take the Flyers to the next level to cup contenders in the near future with savvy contract negotiations.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
A lot of credit should go to Ron Hextall and Chris Pryor for some of the young talent the Flyers have amassed.
Hopefully Fletcher can take the Flyers to the next level to cup contenders in the near future with savvy contract negotiations.
If I had a lousy farm system, I would make Hextall assist gm today and hand him the keys to development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad