Philip Danault v. Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Pageau because he playes with garbage and still does alright.

I don't know if Mike Hoffman and Zack Smith qualify as garbage.

Pretty much each of your arguments have been countered already 3 post ago.

Context.

Advanced stats are nothing without it. Refer to post #32

Put Pageau in Danault's situation with the same linemates and deployment and watch him shine.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I don't know if Mike Hoffman and Zack Smith qualify as garbage

This was a relative comment to the teammates that Danault has I believe.

When you compare Hoffman/Smith and Pyatt to Pacioretty/Radulov it's a pretty significant drop in talent considering Pacioretty is better than Hoffman/Smith and Radulov is just not in the same class as Pyatt.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This was a relative comment to the teammates that Danault has I believe.

When you compare Hoffman/Smith and Pyatt to Pacioretty/Radulov it's a pretty significant drop in talent considering Pacioretty is better than Hoffman/Smith and Radulov is just not in the same class as Pyatt.

I agree that Smith (and even more Pyatt) are not in the same class of forwards, simply because they are not pure top-6 forwards. Zack Smith has proved that he can score goals like a top-6 forward but his highest points total is 36

However Mike Hoffman is vastly underrated and is certainly up there with the likes of Pacioretty and Radulov.

That being said, the line wasn't Hoffman-Pageau-Smith because both Smith and Hoffman played LW on Pageau's line at different times. And playing with 2 top-6 forwards is not the same as playing with one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad