Philip Danault v. Jean-Gabriel Pageau

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Both are fairly young centres playing for rival teams, which one would you rather hav on your team?

I'm not even able to vote. Both are copycats to me! Same age, same role, same offensive production... I guess time will tell.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Pageau goes ham during playoffs, Danault does not.

Look at who Danault gets to play with(Pacioretty and Radulov?), then look at his points.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Pageau goes ham during playoffs, Danault does not.

Look at who Danault gets to play with(Pacioretty and Radulov?), then look at his points.

One guy has to go up vs other teams and top d-pairings, the other guy doesn't...

I wonder which is which..

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
pageau not close to me. but maybe im just being a homer
At least you know it.
One guy has to go up vs other teams and top d-pairings, the other guy doesn't...

It's also his first playoff appearance. He was obviously overwhelmed at first, but I found him as one of the better players in game 6. Danault should be winning, but main board hates anything that has to do with Habs.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
At least you know it.

It's also his first playoff appearance. He was obviously overwhelmed at first, but I found him as one of the better players in game 6. Danault should be winning, but main board hates anything that has to do with Habs.

Pageau's first playoff appearance(as a 20-year-old): 4 goals, 2 assists in 10 games.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
At least you know it.

No. Danault shouldn't be winning. Pageau is just that much more of an effective player. And the fact he has been a clutch playoff performer on several occasions just endears him to the fans, and even non-fans of the Sens. I'm neither a Sens fan or Habs fan, but I take Pageau 10 out of 10 times over Danault. He just steps it up. They both put up similar numbers, yet Danault was playing with Patches and Radulov and getting top 6 minutes. Pageau' linemates last season were Zack Smith, Tom Pyatt, Chris Kelly and later on Alex Burrows. I know your counter argument will be that Danault didn't get a lot of PP time, but he did play 50 PP mins last year and only got two PP points. Even at even strength, his points per 60 minutes didn't even crack the top 90 forwards in the league. I just think given the opportunities Danault was given last year, his performance was fairly average.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
At least you know it.

Neutral fan in that I dislike both the sens and habs

Pageau is better and has been for a while.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
At least you know it.

Rangers fan here so no bias (if anything I should dislike Pageau more because he tore up the Rangers), he was mostly invisible these playoffs, Pageau on the other hand...I don't even want to talk about him vs the Rangers it gets me sad lol. I do watch a lot of them as well during the regular season and I can say this is Pageau and it really isn't as close as you want it to be.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
At least you know it.

You're calling Sens fans homers but .. you, the habs fan are beating the drum for your player so I guess we are even that way.

Anyway Pageau is a better player .. point final.. I am sure the only reason you don't think so is ... well it was discussed above

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Are you referring to how Pageau played a shutdown role against the oppositions best lines or how Danault played with Montreal's best offensive players most of the season.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
So despite the facts that :

- Danault is 3 months in a half younger

- Danault has better point per game (48,7%) than Pageau (40,2%)

- Danault has played 33 seconds less per game than Pageau

- Danault has positive Corsi per 60 minutes (+13,1) while Pageau has a negative one (-9,4)

- Danault has positive Fenwick per 60 minutes (+8,7) while Pageau has a negative one (-4,5)

- Danault is elite at generating shots (rated 8/10) while Pageau is just average (rated 5/10)

- Danault is excellent at suppressing shots (rated 7/10) while Pageau is above average (4/10)

picture.php

Despite all of that, Pageau is widely seen as the best player because... (from what I've read here), Danault is not a good playoffs performer (despite the fact that he played just 6 playoffs games) and he played part of the season with Pacioretty and Radulov (while not mentioning that one of Pageau's 2 main linemates last season was Hoffman).

All the numbers are showing that Danault has been the more efficient player last season. At worse, we could argue that they are similar players, and that Danaut's better efficiency last season was an anomaly. But to say like some people here that "Pageau is the best AINEC", is laughable at best.

If there's one thing this poll is proving, it's the general bias against Montreal on this board. It could not be made more clear than that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad