Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Didn't even realize it was a day game today. 5-0 win. Wheeler with another great start 6 innings allowing just 1 hit. So in his last two starts he's allowed 2 hits.

Bryce homered in his 2nd AB coming back from the paternity leave.

Reactions: saophim

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The pitching on this team is very very good, even if they have had an extremely easy schedule to start the year. They didnt get to win 16 last year to may 7th (35th game of the season), so almost two weeks later.

Don't you worry, Walker is back on Sunday!

1714077473333.png

• Haha
Reactions: Halladay

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Luzardo has elbow soreness. Add him to the pile
Surprisingly, I don't have him on my fantasy team. My fantasy team is the IL kiss of death right now

My team was off to a great start this year, which usually never happens. It's a 12 team keeper league that started back in 2007 and I've made the playoffs maybe 5 of the years. The first week of the season, I had the second highest point total for the week, lost highest on the last day and had the second highest point total for week two, then injuries happened.

We have 22 roster spots and 2 IL spots; 10 active hitters with 2 bench spots, 8 SP's and 2 RP's. As of this morning, I have 7 guys on the IL, so I am stuck keeping 5 of those guys on my active roster. Five of the IL guys are fielders, Bellinger, Yelich, Edman, JP Crawford and Royce Lewis and two are pitchers, Cody Bradford and Bobby Miller. I am pretty much stuck taking auto L's at this point because I can't really afford to drop any of the guys that are on the IL. The one year I had a good team and I am getting crushed by injuries

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Surprisingly, I don't have him on my fantasy team. My fantasy team is the IL kiss of death right now

My team was off to a great start this year, which usually never happens. It's a 12 team keeper league that started back in 2007 and I've made the playoffs maybe 5 of the years. The first week of the season, I had the second highest point total for the week, lost highest on the last day and had the second highest point total for week two, then injuries happened.

We have 22 roster spots and 2 IL spots; 10 active hitters with 2 bench spots, 8 SP's and 2 RP's. As of this morning, I have 7 guys on the IL, so I am stuck keeping 5 of those guys on my active roster. Five of the IL guys are fielders, Bellinger, Yelich, Edman, JP Crawford and Royce Lewis and two are pitchers, Cody Bradford and Bobby Miller. I am pretty much stuck taking auto L's at this point because I can't really afford to drop any of the guys that are on the IL. The one year I had a good team and I am getting crushed by injuries
that sounds like my league...were of all things..the robot team as I am calling them( I have to manage them cause we lost a manager) has a bunch of guys on IL..except...they are some how in first place...keep in mind I am not doing trades or pick ups (I think) with this team lol

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
that sounds like my league...were of all things..the robot team as I am calling them( I have to manage them cause we lost a manager) has a bunch of guys on IL..except...they are some how in first place...keep in mind I am not doing trades or pick ups (I think) with this team lol
Lol. It is so frustrating. I finally have a good team and a third of my roster is hurt and I can't really do anything about it.

Reactions: trostol

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Did you wind up keeping Gunnar?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's hittin season already!

Schwarber, Harper, Marsh, Castellanos have all homered so far. Its only the 3rd inning.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

This has been something they've done a lot in the past few years. Target college pitchers who were super-raw, but had a "live arm". I read the guy was throwing upper 90s and hitting 100 when they drafted him, but he had a 6.72 ERA and 8.4 BB/9 in two college seasons. Although did have 8.0 K/9.

Grew up in Wisconsin and then pitched for Minnesota so not exactly 'hot-bed' areas. May have been behind in development, but Phillies saw something and maybe they were right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad