OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Corona Season: Will We Finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So as a lot of you know we brought our first born into the world last week and I wanted to try and get some type of sports memorabilia to commemorate it.

The Phillies sell balls, bases, lineup cards, etc from their games. So I reached out to see what they had from the 9/15 game. They had a bunch of balls from the game including two foul balls from Harper. I asked about buying one of the two and mentioned why I was interested. I called and made the payment and they said they'd ship it out the next day.

Fast forward to today when it was delivered. I open the box and there's two balls in there. They sent both of the Harper foul balls. I reached out saying that there had to have been a mistake. They responded saying that there was no mistake and to enjoy my first born.

Good guy, Phillies. It's the little things in life.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 8.02.53 PM.png

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
So as a lot of you know we brought our first born into the world last week and I wanted to try and get some type of sports memorabilia to commemorate it.

The Phillies sell balls, bases, lineup cards, etc from their games. So I reached out to see what they had from the 9/15 game. They had a bunch of balls from the game including two foul balls from Harper. I asked about buying one of the two and mentioned why I was interested. I called and made the payment and they said they'd ship it out the next day.

Fast forward to today when it was delivered. I open the box and there's two balls in there. They sent both of the Harper foul balls. I reached out saying that there had to have been a mistake. They responded saying that there was no mistake and to enjoy my first born.

View attachment 368911
The gift of your two balls gets the gift of those two balls.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

View attachment 368911

That’s awesome.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

win88ice2004

Jan 3, 2019
i cannot believe this situation they are in right now...pitching staff is horrific. It's actually impressive that hey put together a set that is THIS bad.

Reactions: Flybynite

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Phillies could be eliminated tomorrow with a loss if the Giants win both games today and the Reds win today.

Reds are 29-28 (own a tiebreaker against both Phillies and Giants if they end up tied)
Giants are 29-28 (lose the tiebreaker to Phillies)
Phillies are 28-30.

Reds are currently leading the Twins 2-1. Giants are preparing for game 2 against the Padres.

Assuming Reds and Giants win that's 30-28, 30-28, and 28-30. The Reds would clinch with a win tonight.

If Giants win the second tonight and win tomorrow that's 31-28. Phillies are eliminated. If Phillies lose tomorrow that's 28-31 (Phillies are eliminated regardless of what SF does).

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Was looking at some stats for Bauer’s Cy Young. Noticed Wheeler actually leads the NL in WAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad