OT: Philadelphia Phillies: 2017 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
do you think they are 24 games better than they were last year? cause thats how many more they would have to win...

right now i think this is another development year and Matt is waiting for the boom FA class of next year...right now the SP is the real hole of this team and a slight concern over at the hot corner with Franco

Considering how bad the rest of the division is other than Washington, yes they can be better.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Considering how bad the rest of the division is other than Washington, yes they can be better.

I think washington is gonna be taking a step back. Strausburg, always gets hurt and misses games. They will miss werth.

I would like to move Vince to Closer, sign 2 or 3 starting pitchers. Bring up Kingery and

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was actually talking to my dad about stuff like this at the game yesterday. He thinks in his lifetime, as the generation my grandparents are apart of pass away, and my generation (I'm 20) gets older and the younger generations come up, baseball is going to need find ways to stay interesting. That would be one way.

My dad (age 50) also thinks that eventually baseball goes to 3 balls and 2 strikes, to speed it up. Attention spans are shortening at an exponential rate, and no one wants to sit at a game for 3+ hours. Pitch counts aren't enough

i'm hearing they are considering even bolder moves with a possible name change to blernsball to jazz things up.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I can't confirm it, but mlb.tv has phillies and jays game tomorrow available to watch. However, I don't see phillies telecast doing it, there first game is Saturday 1pm on NBCSP+. Not sure if Jays telecast is doing the game, but I believe there are no blackouts in spring training.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Ok for those that have mlb.tv log in . mlb.com on the main page has loaded the games and put a little computer icon to watch the game. The Jays Sportsnet is doing todays phillies Jays game and it shouldn't be blacked out due to it being a spring game and phillies tv isn't doing the game.

As you see It shows not yet available but not blacked out which is good.

Last edited:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Kapler you moron, takes eflin out of the game with 2 outs top 2 runners on 1st and 2nd brings in some guy wearing 92 with no name on his jersey and he throws a fastball down the middle and Orioles score. Eflin was getting tired, but he could have gotten 1 more out and out of the inning.

Great way to show confidence in your starter, send his but back to the dodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino