:flyers

Andrew MacDonald
Anthony Stolarz
German Rubtsov

:sens

Craig Anderson
Christian Jaros
Pick

With Carter Hart in the system, Philadelphia could afford to take on a goalie like Anderson who is more reliable than anything the Flyers have now for 1 more year. He could help them make the playoffs now and potentially be a guy to have in front of Carter Hart to try and ease him in to the NHL starting at backup. Which would allow Stolarz to be moved and Neuvirth and Elliott walk at seasons end.

The Flyers can afford the deal with MacDonald going the other way. Replace him with Jaros who is al right handed and has size which the Flyers will like.

I just think it works for both sides. Sens get youth and a young goalie. Flyers get a goalie to help turn down the season who is more reliable and can help Hart possibly next year at backup.

If picks needed they could be added whatever to make even. Value and needs are both there IMO.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018

Andrew MacDonald
Anthony Stolarz
German Rubtsov

Craig Anderson
Christian Jaros
Pick

With Carter Hart in the system, Philadelphia could afford to take on a goalie like Anderson who is more reliable than anything the Flyers have now for 1 more year. He could help them make the playoffs now and potentially be a guy to have in front of Carter Hart to try and ease him in to the NHL starting at backup. Which would allow Stolarz to be moved and Neuvirth and Elliott walk at seasons end.

The Flyers can afford the deal with MacDonald going the other way. Replace him with Jaros who is al right handed and has size which the Flyers will like.

I just think it works for both sides. Sens get youth and a young goalie. Flyers get a goalie to help turn down the season who is more reliable and can help Hart possibly next year at backup.

If picks needed they could be added whatever to make even. Value and needs are both there IMO.
This is not a good trade, not worth the Macdonald cap dump to give away a stud like rubstov even though he is currently out the year

Reactions: flyersfan187

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
giphy.gif

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Nope. Stolies been just fine, and we dont need to dump MacDonald.
Not saying he is a dump saying the contract and money exchange and helps fill a need to help out on defense in Ottawa on the right side.

I didn’t say there was anything with Stolarz being bad. Hart seems to be the future for you guys, why not try to get an actual guy to mentor him while at the same time helping you guys contend this year and next year. I’m not saying the Flyers will miss the playoffs with Stolarz and Neuvirth. I just think you’ll get consistent goaltending with a much better team in front of him with Anderson. Neuvirth stays as a backup for the year and possibly ease Hart in next year for some games.

I think it helps the Flyers move along in the mean time and also keeps the future in mind having a guy Hart and go through things with whose seen a bit of everything.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
This is not a good trade, not worth the Macdonald cap dump to give away a stud like rubstov even though he is currently out the year
You have to give value to get something of value. Anderson is a good goalie and this is coming from the rival Habs fan. Just he has no team in front of him this year.

The Flyers have good up and coming prospects. What I don’t understand is the Flyers fans have been tired of their goaltending for several years and when they want to get a goalie they don’t want to give anything to help in the area which is an actual need for many years. If you keep not wanting to give value you’re going to end up getting the Neuvirths and Elliott’s of the NHL. Or overpaying huge contracts for a good goalie like a Bobrovsky if he hits true market.

I think getting a vet and bring along a guy like Hart makes the most sense.

Anderson is going to get value IMO. It might not be the Flyers but someone will pay for quality. But Flyers fans have to eventually give up something for a good goalie that they’ve been wanting and asking for years. It’s a medium investment not a short investment IMO.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
You have to give value to get something of value. Anderson is a good goalie and this is coming from the rival Habs fan. Just he has no team in front of him this year.

The Flyers have good up and coming prospects. What I don’t understand is the Flyers fans have been tired of their goaltending for several years and when they want to get a goalie they don’t want to give anything to help in the area which is an actual need for many years. If you keep not wanting to give value you’re going to end up getting the Neuvirths and Elliott’s of the NHL. Or overpaying huge contracts for a good goalie like a Bobrovsky if he hits true market.

Anderson is going to get value IMO. It might not be the Flyers but someone will pay for quality. But Flyers fans have to eventually give up something for a good goalie that they’ve been wanting and asking for years. It’s a medium investment not a short investment IMO.
I just think there is better goalies available, which there seems to be Eklund reported that flyers are already deep in on quick.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd be fine with moving, say, Neuvirth (or Lyon, if Ottawa wants a young goalie back) and a reasonable pick for Anderson, but I'd rather find a deal that doesn't cost us a mostly-developed prospect at this point. We also don't have to include MacDonald to bring back a salary like Anderson's; we're very well set up on the contract front thanks to Hexy's good work clearing most of the deadwood.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009

How much of an improvement is Anderson over Elliott? Same lifetime numbers and Elliott 4 yrs younger.
I pass on Anderson.

Reactions: backburner

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not saying he is a dump saying the contract and money exchange and helps fill a need to help out on defense in Ottawa on the right side.

I didn’t say there was anything with Stolarz being bad. Hart seems to be the future for you guys, why not try to get an actual guy to mentor him while at the same time helping you guys contend this year and next year. I’m not saying the Flyers will miss the playoffs with Stolarz and Neuvirth. I just think you’ll get consistent goaltending with a much better team in front of him with Anderson. Neuvirth stays as a backup for the year and possibly ease Hart in next year for some games.

I think it helps the Flyers move along in the mean time and also keeps the future in mind having a guy Hart and go through things with whose seen a bit of everything.

Because Rubstov has a future on this team and his future impsct is likely greater than whatever anderson gives us.

If Hart isn't ready, we re sign Elliott who hasn't been terrible this year, outside of our atrrocious PK.

I Wouldn't touch this deal from a Flyers perspective.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

Andrew MacDonald
Anthony Stolarz
German Rubtsov

Craig Anderson
Christian Jaros
Pick

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Flyers goalie is playing well... Flyers could use a solid dman but Jaros is not it. Also, Flyers moving formal #1 pick who is out for a season with an injury. I personally not crazy about Rubtsov but he did have solid numbers in his 1st professional AHL season before injury.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
No. Jaros wouldn't make the Flyers top 6 and if they were going to plug in another young guy it would be Myers, not Jaros. Stolarz is worth keeping to see if he can be a solid NHL backup and there's just no reason to sell Rubtsov who looked impressive in his short time with the Phantoms this year. If the Flyers are going to trade for a goalie it needs to be a significant upgrade over Elliott.

This trade had very high risk for the Flyers considering Stolarz could end up being a good NHL backup or 1B type goalie and Rubtsov is likely to be a middle 6 forward while the Flyers get a slight upgrade in net and a young defenseman which is literally the last things they need right now.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Anderson for Neuvirth at 50% + 3rd. This saves Melnyk a lot of money.

The problem is it also leaves them with no clear #1. Something muight be workable around Elliott, because at least he isnt injured every other game. But Trading away Anderson leaves Ottawa with Neuvirth, Condon, and... i dont even know who?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm sure Philly want to see what they have in Stolarz, but this is also so bad from a Sens perspective.

I don't think we'll see Anderson moved until the off-season at the very earliest, unless someone gets desperate near the trade deadline and overpays (doubt this happens though).

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad