Philadelphia Flyers VS Edmonton Oilers

Which Team Will Turn It Around Quicker?

• Philadelphia Flyers

• Edmonton Oilers

Results are only viewable after voting.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Both organizations were projected a couple years ago to be good clubs, and are basement dwellers today.

Which team will turn it around around quicker in the standings and become a respectable club?

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
Both are garbage

EDM doing god knows what with McDavids prime.

Philly the most overrated young dmen in history amounting to basically nothing. Ghostibere should start by learning to play d. Picked a bust in Patrick.

Can't say which one will improve first. Both need the lottery to help them out and EDM is better at winning lotteries so I pick them.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I just have a hard time believing Edmonton escapes this disparity they are seemingly doomed to suffer from.

I truly had hope for them after that 2017 playoffs. They looked skilled, but heavy and tough to play against. The had the Ducks on the ropes. Not to mention Talbot was great and hadn't withered like he did when last season rolled around.

If Philadelphia does indeed land a true, reliable #1 goaltender the I think they'll be better off sustaining a playoff threat team. That's been the sad song for them for a long time. Lots of a great young players that are panning out and more on the way, apparently unlike Edmonton.

Edmonton though... Man I feel bad for McDavid. He's the saviour that is doing it all with Draisaitl and the management just keeps on sucking the life out the team they give their all for.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Oilers because the Flyers has been trending into irrelevancy since they stopped being able to buy their way into competitiveness.

They got a few get out of free cards in the first few years of the salary cap, but the knee jerk shows. They'll be bad forever.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Both are garbage

EDM doing god knows what with McDavids prime.

Philly the most overrated young dmen in history amounting to basically nothing. Ghostibere should start by learning to play d. Picked a bust in Patrick.

Can't say which one will improve first. Both need the lottery to help them out and EDM is better at winning lotteries so I pick them.
Soooo... what you're saying is that you don't watch philly or Ghost play? Got it

Also, Patrick has had a rough season off injury and still likely isn't healthy. Definitely cause for concern, however he's looked amazing lately scoring 4 goals and 2 assist in his last 3 with some highlight reel plays. I'd call his career disappointing thus far but Definitely won't call a 19 year old kid with that much talent a bust this soon

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Philly actually has a respectable roster and is close. If they get consistant goaltending and have Provorov bounceback than they might be good.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Flyers.

- Oilers fan.

We’re not winning goddamn anything until Chiarelli gets canned and Katz stops listening to his ex Oiler buddies.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Flyers are closer to a complete roster but ofc Edmonton has McDavid and some other pieces that could still end up better than anything the Flyers have. At least as far as forwards.

But Hart might be the Flyers' missing piece. Hopefully whoever gets the coaching job can bring his own assistants and turn the special teams around. That's all it would take, a goalie and better coaching (especially special teams...).

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Philly pretty easily imo. If you break it down a bit they smoke the oilers in the following categories:

-current roster
-assets
-drafting
-x-factors (Patrick + Hart vs Poolparty + Yamamoto)

Philly on paper should be doing much better than their current record. Can't really say the same of the oilers.

I think Edmonton vs Arizona would be a better comparison.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Oilers because the Flyers has been trending into irrelevancy since they stopped being able to buy their way into competitiveness.

They got a few get out of free cards in the first few years of the salary cap, but the knee jerk shows. They'll be bad forever.

What terrible trash opinions. We'll be fine now we look to have a goalie and we're rid of Hak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad