GDT: Philadelphia Flyers (11-14-6) @ Toronto Maple Leafs (19-10-3) | 7:00PM | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Things wont change until things change at the top, what I mean is that currently the Leafs are incredibly short sighted, their goal is to just make the playoffs one year, use all the cap space and assets needed to get there and don't worry about long term... It's all good and fine to want to make the playoffs short ter but as a team you also need a long term plan too that conincides with the short term one.

I do see some changes, they did bring in Shanahan who has brought in his "people" but the coach, gm and core players still exist and we're also badly dinged in terms of draft picks. I hope Shanhan can instill a detroit style development which relies heavily on retaining its picks, drafting incredibly smartly and being patient with said propspects...

As for Carlyle, hes got a short leash IMO, one bad losing streak and I think hes gone... as for Nonis? I think hes got a bit of a longer leash because of Shanahan wanting a guy like Dubas or Hunter to grow into the role.

Shanny is another dope. What makes you think he is a good management guy?

Beleafer19

Apr 25, 2013
Bernier is a back up, and not more. When will Leafs fans realize this.

This Leafs team will miss the playoffs.

You can't be serious, do you think all goalies play lights out every night? Give me a break, use some common sense.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Do you honestly think I'm happy with these results?

A couple posters in this thread alone know what a huge leafs fan I am(they're just as big) and this is frustrating to post, not enjoyable.

exactly.
(sigh) optimistic or pragmatic, it's not like anyone is actually enjoying this (sigh)

leafstilldeath*

The core thats been here for 5 years needs to GTFO

Rielly, JVR, Kadri, Nylander, Gauthier etc.... build from there

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Embarrassing. Even when this team wins they still look bad and are saved by goaltending. A big downslide is coming up on our road trip.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Things wont change until things change at the top, what I mean is that currently the Leafs are incredibly short sighted, their goal is to just make the playoffs one year, use all the cap space and assets needed to get there and don't worry about long term... It's all good and fine to want to make the playoffs short ter but as a team you also need a long term plan too that conincides with the short term one.

I do see some changes, they did bring in Shanahan who has brought in his "people" but the coach, gm and core players still exist and we're also badly dinged in terms of draft picks. I hope Shanhan can instill a detroit style development which relies heavily on retaining its picks, drafting incredibly smartly and being patient with said propspects...

As for Carlyle, hes got a short leash IMO, one bad losing streak and I think hes gone... as for Nonis? I think hes got a bit of a longer leash because of Shanahan wanting a guy like Dubas or Hunter to grow into the role.
How is Shanahan going to get rid of all these massive long term contracts Burke and Nonis gave to this core? With the Canadian dollar in freefall versus the $US the cap isn't going to be going up.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Shanny is another dope. What makes you think he is a good management guy?

Lets see? He buys heavily into the anylistics stuff by bringing in Dubas (a very successful ohl gm and numbers guy), he spends $100M on an anylitical wing, he hires Mar Hunter, first thing he does as president is preach skill at the draft and they select Nylander Now ihas he goofed at times? big time espically by not firing Carlyle last season or Nonis... but I give him a bit of a pass because he's still raw as a manger but I think hes doing the best he can do IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad