OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If I were an owner, I wouldn't hire a defensive guy as head coach. It's an offensive league and a defensive coach with any half decent offensive coordinator is going to see that guy get plucked by another team.

I think that's an oversimplification.

To be fair, the reigning champs (Denver) and the only reason why we're even in contention right now is because of Defense.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think that's an oversimplification.

To be fair, the reigning champs (Denver) and the only reason why we're even in contention right now is because of Defense.

Well that is my opinion and I don't get your example. Denver has Kubiak. Offensive guy. Former NFL QB. His defensive coordinator is Wade Phillips. Former "failed" head coach on the older side. Not much of a threat to get another HC gig. Stability.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Well that is my opinion and I don't get your example. Denver has Kubiak. Offensive guy. Former NFL QB. His defensive coordinator is Wade Phillips. Former "failed" head coach on the older side. Not much of a threat to get another HC gig. Stability.

I think my statement is tying into the HC thing too much when I was aiming that toward one specific statement about it being an offensive league, yet the latest example I can think of ( both of the SB teams) were defensive monsters instead of offensive powerhouses.

I'm taking umbrage with that statement more than needing an offensive head coach to win. It does indeed seem though that offensive HCs are more frequent.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think my statement is tying into the HC thing too much when I was aiming that toward one specific statement about it being an offensive league, yet the latest example I can think of ( both of the SB teams) were defensive monsters instead of offensive powerhouses.

I'm taking umbrage with that statement more than needing an offensive head coach to win. It does indeed seem though that offensive HCs are more frequent.

When I say offensive league, I mean the rules favor offenses. In my opinion it's easier to sustain success on the offensive side of the ball than it is on the defensive side of the ball- if you have a good quarterback and playcaller.

Yes last year two great defenses were in the SB. Denver was middle of the pack offensively (mostly due to QB play) but Carolina led the NFL in points/game. And generally when you see a successful defense, you'll see them paired with an efficient offense. That doesn't mean and offense that puts up points or yards, but an offensive that controls the ball, controls the clock, doesn't turn the football over, and puts the team in a position to win the field position battle (i.e. Not Chip Kelly)

Every year people point to the Super Bowl Champ and say 'that's how you win a Championship!' There are multiple ways to win. It's just my opinion that I would hire an offensive coach if the decision were up to me because I believe you'll be as successful as the guy under center and you need to support him as best as you can with the right coaches.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If they lose it doesn't mean the Eagles win :(.

Oh I know, I tend not to always look at Vegas though. I mean it is college but they had Louisville as a favorite at Clemson :laugh:. This is a must win for the Eagles tonight, as if they lose they arent winning the division.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Oh I know, I tend not to always look at Vegas though. I mean it is college but they had Louisville as a favorite at Clemson :laugh:. This is a must win for the Eagles tonight, as if they lose they arent winning the division.

Plus Dallas has a **** ton more fans to take money from. :sarcasm:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

One point favorite. Louisville was hot. Clemson was not. Louisville should have won that game anyway. They won the yardage battle, time of possession, more first downs, and were +2 in the turnover department. Kid ran out of bounds on the last play. :laugh:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I have absolutely no faith in this game. I have to be the worst fan ever. I just see Elliot running like 200 yards on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad