OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): The demise continues here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm far from a Bills fan, but that officiating at the end of the half was infuriating. Absolute ****ing garbage.

Sherman should have, at the LEAST, gotten a 15 yard penalty for roughing the kicker. And after all that fiasco, the refs mess up the play clock to screw the Bills into a delay of game penalty, which shouldn't have happened in the first place. Wow.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Dean Blandino saying it should have been Unnecessary Roughness.

Yet the NFL won't do jack **** about it.

And people wonder why viewership is down.

Awful officiating in Seattle benefitting the Seahawks? Gee haven't seen that before.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Didn't watch as my interest level in the NFL is dwindling like seemingly everybody else. But that missed call on Sherman was ridiculous & the delay of game call was too.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Awful officiating in Seattle benefitting the Seahawks? Gee haven't seen that before.
seahawkscall.jpg

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
If I'm an owner this is a situation where I'd let my coach have free reign in a presser and let him destroy the NFL & the officiating and pay the fine for him

this is ridic, Bills got jobbed last night over and over again

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Does the NFL really want the Seahawks to win though? That doesn't seem like a market they'd be trying to help. You'd think the Rams, Niners, Cowboys, and Giants/Jets would be getting that type of help. I think it is just bad officiating which is going to happen from time to time, but this year has been especially bad.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If I'm an owner this is a situation where I'd let my coach have free reign in a presser and let him destroy the NFL & the officiating and pay the fine for him

this is ridic, Bills got jobbed last night over and over again

That's shocking. This league used to have - by miles and miles - the best officiating in the world. Now they have ... this. I don't know what this is.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's actually not a penalty. Taylor left the pocket making that hit legal.

The one on the kicker though should have been a personal foul. The delay of game call was probably the funniest though. The ref was still spotting the ball with four seconds on the play clock. They called Buffalo for a delay of game anyway. :laugh:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Why is the QB out of the pocket make it allowed to crush a WR. He can still catch the ball, the QB isn't a runner, he's just a QB outside the pocket. Something doesn't make sense. If that was the case, as soon as the QB leaves, every CB should just tackle the WR.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The intent of the rule is probably that the QB becomes a runner outside of the pocket and a defender has a right to make a play on the QB, but I don't even think Sherman was looking in the backfield to know the QB was out of the pocket and that hit could have probably been classified as unnecessary roughness.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The intent of the rule is probably that the QB becomes a runner outside of the pocket and a defender has a right to make a play on the QB, but I don't even think Sherman was looking in the backfield to know the QB was out of the pocket and that hit could have probably been classified as unnecessary roughness.

Ok, I get the idea, but that's untrue probably 80% of the time. QBs roll out a lot, run boot legs and play action, but they move out to give themselves a better view, at no point do most of them ever want to run. They can still be called for roughing the pass on the D, so they are considered QBs then.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You're allowed to press receivers when the QB rolls out of the pocket. You just don't really see someone blow somebody up like that much but there's no language in the rule preventing that. So the refs got that one right going by the rules.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
I initially thought maybe a pass had been made - tipped - and then he blew him up knowing this.

Was unaware of the out of pocket rule, Rodgers completes what seems like half his passes outside of the pocket and frequently gets defensive holding in the process. Now just blow the guy up, long as you don't tug his jersey? Yikes.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Ok, I actually came in here to see what the local perspective was on the Eagles, as a Flyers fan since the 90's who used to be more regular in here. But after reading I'm going to feel alright about weighing in on this **** regarding the refs and the Seahawks.

1. You only have to go back 8 days to see Seattle get jobbed right out of the building, against a plainly below average Saints team, by the refs who are supposedly so eager to always put them in the W column. Seattle doesn't win due to the refs despite what some in here are saying.:shakehead Fail Mary was how many seasons ago? And those were replacement refs anyway.

2. Granted, the officials ****ed up that field goal try. Sherman was guilty of both offsides and roughing, whether primarily going for the ball or not. But officiating crews have a much more subtle way of influencing a game if that's what they choose to do, and it's called holding. I watched Buffalo's RT Mills lose battles with Avril on nearly every damn play, with two fistfuls of jersey and dragging him off, to save his QB and they never called it once.
Watch it again if you don't buy it, it was appallingly blatant and obvious. This would have been the way to ensure SEA had it easier...or at least do their jobs properly, since the calls would have been legit.

3. Superbowl 40. DrinkFightFlyers is right, the hawks are not the team the League wants to see win. And they never have been.

4. The Seattle DB's always push the limits of what's legal when it comes to contact beyond the 5-yard limit. Everyone knows it. And that includes the officials, because they get slapped for it pretty often. Sometimes they get away with it a few yards after 5, most times they don't. They were the most penalized team in the league in both 2013 and 2014, which doesn't strike me as "refs helping us out" very much.

Anyway, PTI and hope this goes back to being an Eagles thread after all. Good luck against ATL.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
You forgot about that play at the end of the Atlanta game. That was a pretty nice no call in Seattle's favor.

You can believe the league does or doesn't try to manipulate games. I've seen too much **** this year to believe some of these things 'just happen'.

Last edited:

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
You forgot about that play at the end of the Atlanta game. That was a pretty nice no call in Seattle's favor.

You can believe the league does or doesn't try to manipulate games. I've seen too much **** this year to believe some of these things 'just happen'.

When Pete Morelli was the ref I believe the Lions game? There was no way a crew could be that incompetent, there was something more behind it. Morelli has always been at the center of controversy

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How is it humanly possible to miss the Sherman call? There HAS to be intent involved by the officials.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Duke Johnson or Christine Michael this week? I also have CJ Prosise. So which of those 3 would you start?

I have Duke and Michael. Think I'm benching both. I guess if I had to choose it would be Michael, but how does a guy score a TD in a PPR league and finish the game with 6.1 points? That's remarkable. If it's a PPR league Duke is good for a handful of points but I hate playing guys in Thursday games.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I have Duke and Michael. Think I'm benching both. I guess if I had to choose it would be Michael, but how does a guy score a TD in a PPR league and finish the game with 6.1 points? That's remarkable. If it's a PPR league Duke is good for a handful of points but I hate playing guys in Thursday games.

It is PPR. 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex

My current lineup:

QB Trevor Siemian
QB Aaron Rodgers
RB Christine Michael
RB Jay Ajayi
WR Sterling Shepard
WR Terrelle Pryor
WR Jordan Matthews
TE Travis Kelce
Flex Tyler Eifert

Bench:
Brock Osweiler
Duke Johnson
CJ Prosise
Wendell Smallwood
Corey Coleman
Amari Cooper BYE
TY Hilton BYE

Ajayi is a must start. This is a 12 person league with all of those skill positions, so it's insane how thin some are, especially RB. My first rounder was AP and we all know what happened to him.

Thoughts?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah I'd probably give Michael one more week and see what happens. I'm not very confident in him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad