Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
As a very casual football fan...but a fan of the Bears since the McMahon/Fridge days, is Caleb Williams worth getting excited for? They have needed a QB for decades while watching GB have Favre, Rogers, now Love.

Is he legit?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
i love how every team in the nfl wishes they had howie to the point where His gm tree is more extensive than any coaches current coaching tree, yet he still isn't good enough for the ultimate authority... hfboard posters.

A truer statement has never been said.

As a very casual football fan...but a fan of the Bears since the McMahon/Fridge days, is Caleb Williams worth getting excited for? They have needed a QB for decades while watching GB have Favre, Rogers, now Love.

Is he legit?

Yeah he's a pretty awesome prospect. I think he'll bust with the Bears though, so I'd expect pain.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Tripod and trostol

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH

Is he legit?
He has a few of questions and not all of them football related.

Great athlete, good arm strength, quick release, has great pocket awareness.

Can telegraph targets, timing and anticipation is subpar, slow working through progressions, hero ball, questionable deep-ball accuracy.

If he has any off the field concerns its his dad who runs his day to day life, and is acting as his agent. Caleb has been groomed for the NFL since he was young, see Todd Marinovich. Depending on who you hear he's a good kid or an aloof, arrogant, immature kid.

Reactions: Tripod

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
i love how every team in the nfl wishes they had howie to the point where His gm tree is more extensive than any coaches current coaching tree, yet he still isn't good enough for the ultimate authority... hfboard posters.

I've always been a Howie fan and a Howie defender. He does a lot of things very well and the idea that a replacement would immediately have even half of his success, let alone do a better job than him, always seemed preposterous to me.

Having said that, he does have his shortcomings as well. He is too stobborn with some of his approaches and that can be very frustrating at times.

But winning one Super Bowl and getting back to the Super Bowl with another QB and another HC only 5 years later is a crazy impressive feat to accomplish in the NFL.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
They will take a lineman in the 1st. Probably offense, but could be defense. It’s what they do.
IMG_8012.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad