Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Why is WWE worth billions? Why do the Flyers have people in the stands? Why is everything in theatres made by Marvel or a terrible horror movie?

200w (7).gif

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Okay, okay. Someone is sleepy and needs to go to bed.

It’s draft week and I’m far too happy to launch into a WWE rant. There are just warlords in the Congo with more morality than the average WWE fan.

I actually don’t have a problem with the Marvel stuff. It’s not for me, but it’s fine. Same as Star Wars. I would just like to see movies that don’t have to make billions of dollars in a theater again.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
It’s draft week and I’m far too happy to launch into a WWE rant. There are just warlords in the Congo with more morality than the average WWE fan.

I actually don’t have a problem with the Marvel stuff. It’s not for me, but it’s fine. Same as Star Wars. I would just like to see movies that don’t have to make billions of dollars in a theater again.
Now do Flyers fans.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

You're about to be put in the bah-troom

images

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Now do Flyers fans.

I’ve got nothing against people who just so happened to like the wrong hockey team. Even the authentics just want to watch a good team.

You're about to be put in the bah-troom

images

Hey, maybe while I’m there, someone will uncover yet another thing everyone still left in that company allowed Vince McMahon do beyond the alleged coverups of murder, rape, gang rape, sexual abuse of underage boys, Saudi blood money shows, and various and sundry other atrocities so idiots can say “Acknowledge Me!!” while the Paul Heyman of their group makes funny faces. That makes everything better!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Hey, maybe while I’m there, someone will uncover yet another thing everyone still left in that company allowed Vince McMahon do beyond the alleged coverups of murder, rape, gang rape, sexual abuse of underage boys, Saudi blood money shows, and various and sundry other atrocities so idiots can say “Acknowledge Me!!” while the Paul Heyman of their group makes funny faces. That makes everything better!

giphy.gif

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I do hope you grow up one day and start to think about the more important things in life instead of running from them because you like a kids' tv show as an adult.

Totally agreed. I should focus on the important things in life.

Anyway, let’s get back to that discussion about which broadcast is optimal for the football draft.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Which linemen are we okay for them trading up to 16 or 12 for?

For me personally, I don’t want to do it. But I would understand going to that range if they’re getting Fautanu, Fashanu, or Latham. Those guys are just scheme and/or position preference separating them to me. Not Fuaga. Mims and Barton are great fits, but that’s too high.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
He's got a trade up for Arnold. It's draft dayyyyyy

I initially had Tyler Guyton here, but GM Howie Roseman’s Georgia “thing,” plus Mims standing out as a stronger run blocker, prompted me to flip my choice. I actually think the Eagles could get aggressive and move up for a higher-end tackle such as Fuaga. If it’s not a tackle, I’d say corner would be the best position to address in this spot.

..........................how is it that I would enjoy the pick so much and there are still two bits of info in there that concern me majorly? :laugh:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Brugler's got Fuaga too in his final mock before the draft (also a trade up but it's to 16). Oh boy.

I'm reminded of this from Seth Walder:

There were 140 trade-ups for non-quarterbacks in the first three rounds from 2013 to 2022. In terms of total Approximate Value (AV) accumulated through the 2022 season, 85 of those deals were "won" by the trade-down team, 49 were "won" by the trade-up team and six were a tie (see corresponding inline chart).

I've liked a lot of what Howie's done recently. I do wish they had a bit more organizational humility.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I'm reminded of this from Seth Walder:

I've liked a lot of what Howie's done recently. I do wish they had a bit more organizational humility.
When literally everyone praises Howie for every single move he makes, the guy's gonna have an ego. They won't be humble until they have another 4-12 season and are picking 4th overall.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
3 picks in the top 2 rounds is a great scenario for this team considering all the money they tied up in this championship window they're in. Trading up would really annoy me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad