OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Rivalry Week - 'The Gang Tears Itself Apart'

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Eagles actually rank in the middle of the pack statistically, on both offense and defense.

The defense is better than last year, when a series of bad opposing QBs disguised how bad the defense actually was, this year, they started with a string of top QBs which exposed all the weaknesses on defense.

When you want to gradually work in young players, the worst thing is to start with a tough schedule guaranteed to destroy those players' confidence - better to let the veterans take their lumps. Gannon was too passive, but his choice was decapitation or death by a thousand cuts.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
ColorfulClearAntarcticfurseal-max-1mb.gif

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

He has the Eagles taking…

3. CB Derek Stingley Jr. LSU (Via Miami)
8. EDGE George Karlaftis Purdue
9. QB Malik Willis Liberty (Via Indianapolis)

Karlaftis is much better than I thought he was now that I got Purdue tape.

One of Stingley/Hamilton, one of the Edges (Hutchinson/Karlaftis/Leal if you like him outside), and a Corner (Booth/Elam/Gardner) has to be the dream, right? Assuming no QB, of course.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Miller is 32, Denver was right to move him, before he goes "Kerrigan" on them, that is, becomes a situational pass rusher with limited trade value.

Eagles shouldn't think about a QB in this draft, weak QB drafts end up with a couple teams over drafting and living to regret it.

Odds are Eagles end up with one pick in the top 5 and two between 11-20, Eagles win 6-7 games and Indy 8-9 games.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Karlaftis is much better than I thought he was now that I got Purdue tape.

One of Stingley/Hamilton, one of the Edges (Hutchinson/Karlaftis/Leal if you like him outside), and a Corner (Booth/Elam/Gardner) has to be the dream, right? Assuming no QB, of course.

I was a big fan of Karlaftis as a recruit out of high school. I think he was a kid that played football late in high school. So he blew up later in the process & tested pretty well at camps. He picked Purdue over the other bigger northern schools.

So he was kind of raw but he still came in & made a noticeable impact as a true freshmen.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Why does a scheme-specific Linebacker distinction matter for an Edge rusher? He's one of the very best pass rushers to ever play football. Still damn good against the run too.

I said LB, but let me re-phrase: Damn that's a lot for a 32 year old DL/LB.

I like him a lot and I support the move from the Rams going all-in - but I think he returned more than I'd expect.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Eagles shouldn't think about a QB in this draft, weak QB drafts end up with a couple teams over drafting and living to regret it.

But not everyone thinks this is a weak QB draft, right? Let's just use Matt Corral as an example for the sake of simplicity. If your org gives him a high first level of grade and you don’t have a high-end QB, you shouldn't pass on him.

Last year, it was a "strong" QB class, but no other teams had an opportunity to acquire Lawrence or Wilson. The strength of the class is a meaningless talking point when you're dealing in QBs. It's just who you can get and how much you like them. The evaluation and the drafting are separate issues entirely.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
But not everyone thinks this is a weak QB draft, right? Let's just use Matt Corral as an example for the sake of simplicity. If your org gives him a high first level of grade and you don’t have a high-end QB, you shouldn't pass on him.

Last year, it was a "strong" QB class, but no other teams had an opportunity to acquire Lawrence or Wilson. The strength of the class is a meaningless talking point when you're dealing in QBs. It's just who you can get and how much you like them. The evaluation and the drafting are separate issues entirely.

Yeah, but the mistake made is comparing them to other QBs in the same draft, instead of using an absolute scale.
So just b/c a QB is the top rated QB in a draft, doesn't make him good enough to trade up or use a top ten pick.
It's the 2AM syndrome, suddenly that girl at the end of the bar looks a lot better when you're horny and a bit drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad