OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): NFC East Champs! Next game Saturday 8 pm vs. New Orleans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'll make this fancy too.

Remaining Schedule

Date | Opponent | Time (Eastern)
12/8/13|Detroit Lions|1:00PM
12/15/13|At Minnesota Vikings|1:00PM*
12/22/13|Chicago Bears|1:00PM*
12/29|At Dallas Cowboys|1:00PM*

* Subject To Change

Completed Schedule
Week | Opponent | Score
One|At Washington Redskins| 33-27
Two|San Diego Chargers| 33-30
Three|Kansas City Chiefs| 26-16
Four|At Denver Broncos| 52-20
Five|At New York Giants| 36-21
Six|At Tampa Bay Buccaneers| 31-20
Seven|Dallas Cowboys| 17-3
Eight|New York Giants| 15-7
Nine|At Oakland Raiders| 49-20
Ten|At Green Bay Packers| 27-13
Eleven|Washington Redskins| 24-16
Thirteen|Arizona Cardinals| 24-21

Prior GDT: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1500311&page=40

Last edited by a moderator:

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
I just need to say this some where and here seems like just as good a place as anywhere. I only kind of pay attention to the Eagles but I am so tired of the QB conversation. Especially after Foles was named starter for the rest of the season what is going to happen with the QB position is completely based on how he plays and makes discussing it with 5 games left kind of stupid. If Foles playes then the Eagles will be picking later and probably not be in a position to take one of the top QBs in the draft. If he played well and the draft pick is low(ish) how do you justify using multiple assets to trade up to pick a QB who might be as good as Foles and might be able to run a bit better than him. At least with Foles at that point you have a decent idea that he can do well against NFL competition vs a guy who either is a second tier QB in this draft or one that you have to give up multiple other assets to get but either way is still untested at the NFL level and plenty of "sure things" in the draft of any pro sport turned out to be duds. On the other hand if Foles stinks the joint out the rest of the way the Eagles will have a much higher pick and will have answered the question that he is not the way to go. I mean I guess there might be the chance of some middle road there. But as far as I can tell Foles performance will decided it the rest of the way, and the discussion about this right now is pointless. Am I missing something here?

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I would stick with Foles and draft BPA next year.

Me too. Besides, the only QB I would be totally comfortable with is Teddy B, but he'll be going 1st overall. I've been unimpressed with Mariota in the games I have seen but he'll be taken before we pick too. I don't want any part of Manziel, especially in the first round. I don't know anything about Carr from Fresno State. Mettenberg, Boyd, and Hundley, meh, there will be better talent than them at different positions.

I haven't researched many of the defenders yet but if by some chance the eagles draft offense, WRs Evans or my boy Robinson would look great. Both of them have tools to be a WR1. Speed, size, strength, and hands.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Me too. Besides, the only QB I would be totally comfortable with is Teddy B, but he'll be going 1st overall. I've been unimpressed with Mariota in the games I have seen but he'll be taken before we pick too. I don't want any part of Manziel, especially in the first round. I don't know anything about Carr from Fresno State. Mettenberg, Boyd, and Hundley, meh, there will be better talent than them at different positions.

I haven't researched many of the defenders yet but if by some chance the eagles draft offense, WRs Evans or my boy Robinson would look great. Both of them have tools to be a WR1. Speed, size, strength, and hands.

Take a look at who's drafting #1 right now and think about that.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I am of the opinion that you don't take a quarterback in the 1st round unless somebody like Luck, Rivers, etc. is there. But to get a "sure thing" at the QB position you have to be drafting in the top 5 at least - and the Eagles aren't going to be anywhere near there.

That said there are good quarterbacks that get taken in the 2nd and after all the time. They should let Foles play some tough games, see if they can get into the postseason, see how he plays there and then draft BPA with the 1st round pick and look for a steal in the later rounds at QB. Vick can be the backup next year (which is stupid because he's just going to get slower) and then they can groom their 4th round steal (David Fales SJSU is going to be good IMO)

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
I am of the opinion that you don't take a quarterback in the 1st round unless somebody like Luck, Rivers, etc. is there. But to get a "sure thing" at the QB position you have to be drafting in the top 5 at least - and the Eagles aren't going to be anywhere near there.

That said there are good quarterbacks that get taken in the 2nd and after all the time. They should let Foles play some tough games, see if they can get into the postseason, see how he plays there and then draft BPA with the 1st round pick and look for a steal in the later rounds at QB. Vick can be the backup next year (which is stupid because he's just going to get slower) and then they can groom their 4th round steal (David Fales SJSU is going to be good IMO)

Yeah you may find a good qb in the mid round, but you rarely find a franchise guy. If foles faulters (meaning he plays bad, not w-l record) these next 5 games then the eagles need to throw everything they can to move into the top 5 and get a guy who can be that franchise qb.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Yeah you may find a good qb in the mid round, but you rarely find a franchise guy. If foles faulters (meaning he plays bad, not w-l record) these next 5 games then the eagles need to throw everything they can to move into the top 5 and get a guy who can be that franchise qb.

That's dangerous. Ask the Redskins.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
You have to draft defense heavily next year...the offense sputtered a few times this year but for the most part the defense hasn't done them many favors...we need secondary help and a linebacker or two. I would like to go into the 4th with a lead and not expect the opponent to make it a game. With that being said they are doing the best with what they have on defense and hopefully players like Wolfe continue to progress so its one less position we need to upgrade in the offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad