OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Eagles Defeat Cowboys 33-27 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Someone tell me what the point of these short passes to the sidelines are when you need 40+ yards to get into FG range and you've got next to no time left.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The funny part is, if Romo didnt get hurt I think Dallas would have won the NFC. That is why last weeks victory was so big. Not the fact that the Eagles won, it is that Dallas lost and are basically out of contention.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
They don't have much of a vertical passing game if at all really.

That much is obvious. But in that situation I'd rather they actually try throwing a ball downfield when you've got ~10 seconds left in the half and Miami has no timeouts. You might actually get into FG range. If not, you might give up a pick that probably means nothing as time is about to expire.

Throwing those passes to the sidelines for next to no gain gives you no chance of doing anything.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That much is obvious. But in that situation I'd rather they actually try throwing a ball downfield when you've got ~10 seconds left in the half and Miami has no timeouts. You might actually get into FG range. If not, you might give up a pick that probably means nothing as time is about to expire.

Throwing those passes to the sidelines for next to no gain gives you no chance of doing anything.

I don't disagree but they've been calling short passes the bulk of the time these last two years. They just don't take much shots down the field. They don't have a QB that can put it there & they don't have a reciever that can go get it.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Easier said than done. The DLine knows you are throwing. They pin their ears back and sell out for a pass rush. Not much time to take a shot downfield.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Johnny Football's head was basically on backwards after that facemask. He probably could see his name on the back of his jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad