Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Draft and Beyond Edition: All Aboard The Wentz Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

trigzter

Feb 3, 2011
PA
imo opinion go david johnson if you do so. bell is a great rb but he has an injury history and obviously the suspensions problems.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
You can do that now sure, but now you get somebody like Brown & Jones, slam dunks for sure, but statistically you can find guys that put up huge numbers in the 3rd and later too. Hell Gordon could be a Top 5 guy again.
You can also draft a flop.

If it's a 14 team league and you are walking out with an elite RB and an elite WR, you are going to be sitting pretty.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
10 team PPR League I had 3rd pick. AB, Julio were #1 and 2.

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: David Johnson
RB: LeVeon Bell
WR: Alshon Jefferey
WR: Jarvis Landry
FLEX: Kelvin Benjamin
TE: Travis Kelce
DEF: Eagles
K: Aguayo

BN: Josh Gordon
BN: DeAngelo Williams
BN: Isaiah Crowell
BN: Duke Johnson Jr.
BN: Marcus Mariota
BN: Markus Wheaton
BN: Tyler Eifert

I really wanted a Receiver with my 2nd pick, but Bell was still there, I had to take him.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
If the league is PPR, go David Johnson, if not go Todd Gurley
In my PPR league Johnson is the top of my board. Elliott is probably my 2nd rated back after the top three WRs. He is going to get a ton of touches this year and has the best line in football. Standard scoring league ill probably go with the top QB in the mid to late first.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Without getting political it's good to see that another player that's going to be cut is putting his name out there by not standing for the National Anthem in Myke Tavarres, of your very own Philadelphia Eagles. I'll be honest, I never even heard of this guy.

Lol jk, he changed his stance he'll stand for the National Anthem after all according to his Agent. That may actually be worse.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Eagles sign DL Jake Metz. He played for the Soul. He worked out with the Eagles today, and I guess they liked what they saw

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
You can also draft a flop.

If it's a 14 team league and you are walking out with an elite RB and an elite WR, you are going to be sitting pretty.

Oh I know. I've done that two years in a row where my top 2 picks were trash.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
This is my 1st year doing fantasy sports of any kind. Lucked into the #1 spot and ended up with Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant as my two WR and Demaryius Thomas as my FLEX player. Any opinions if this will make up for my weak RB (Jonathan Stewart/Ryan Matthews)? Well, maybe not weak but high chance of them missing time to injury.

(12 team league)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This is my 1st year doing fantasy sports of any kind. Lucked into the #1 spot and ended up with Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant as my two WR and Demaryius Thomas as my FLEX player. Any opinions if this will make up for my weak RB (Jonathan Stewart/Ryan Matthews)? Well, maybe not weak but high chance of them missing time to injury.

(12 team league)

Stewart gets TD's vultured off of him by Newton so that's always tough and if i'm being honest I really don't expect Mathews to last long this year. His career up to this point just points in that direction.

Also, who knows with Trevor Siemian and Demaryius.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Eagles sign DL Jake Metz. He played for the Soul. He worked out with the Eagles today, and I guess they liked what they saw

I love getting guys from weird places. Makes it easy to root for them. Just Googled him and he is a local kid that went to Shippensburg too. I hope he sticks around. :yo:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Stewart gets TD's vultured off of him by Newton so that's always tough and if i'm being honest I really don't expect Mathews to last long this year. His career up to this point just points in that direction.

Also, who knows with Trevor Siemian and Demaryius.

I actually think he's going to do a good job up in Denver (which probably means he will suck because I am always wrong about this kind of thing). He's got good weapons and a good surrounding team, and the kid and play, or at least could in college. Surprised they didn't give it to Lynch though. Either Siemian was really showing them something, or Lynch really blew it.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I actually think he's going to do a good job up in Denver (which probably means he will suck because I am always wrong about this kind of thing). He's got good weapons and a good surrounding team, and the kid and play, or at least could in college. Surprised they didn't give it to Lynch though. Either Siemian was really showing them something, or Lynch really blew it.

Or it's a situation like we have with Wentz where they don't want to rush him and feel like he doesn't know the playbook well enough. I doubt Siemian will do anything spectacular this season if he even makes it through the first half.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Or it's a situation like we have with Wentz where they don't want to rush him and feel like he doesn't know the playbook well enough. I doubt Siemian will do anything spectacular this season if he even makes it through the first half.

Big, HUGE, difference between starting Bradford over Wentz and Siemian over Lynch. Only way Wentz was going to start is if he dominated preseason and Bradford sucked. Siemian was a no namer that presumably was not handed anything.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
I guess the B sample is taking a while to come in

They said he was supposed to know by last Thursday....whoops

Its ridiculous to take this long. NFLPA should raise some sort of argument against the results taking so long. Who knows what happened with his sample over the period of multiple weeks? Wonder if there is some sort of chain of custody with urine samples that Lane could challenge.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
There could be a million reasons why it is taking so long.

Someone let reagents expire. Whoops.
A late order for a recheck of B.
Testing is already done -- sending it out to another lab for confirmation.

All these things take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad