Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Draft and Beyond Edition: All Aboard The Wentz Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Interesting thought. They should be interested. They were most likely a playoff team but with Hill at the helm idk.

You'd have to think about it a few different ways.

Do we have a better shot to win with Bradford or Wentz? This team doesn't really have the luxury of tanking, considering our 1st round pick is going to the Browns this season (amongst other lost assets).

However, you have to think the Eagles are going to rid themselves of Bradfords contract at the end of this season no matter what, so would it be beneficial for us to get a draft pick back for him while we can to compensate atleast somewhat for what we lost?

Ultimately, i think the difference Bradford or Wentz will make in where we finish the season will be negligible. I would be on board with shipping him to the Vikings for a pick.

We've invested this much in Wentz, we might as well give him the reigns and get a draft pick for Bradford while we can.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I would try to keep Wentz away from this offense as much as possible this year. I don't think he's ready anyway & getting hurt in preseason didn't help things.

I'm really not sure the offense is as much of a mess as many are making it out to be. It's certainly not great, but I think if well coached and if Ryan Mathews stays healthy it can be productive.

I think DGB is going to turn out to be a steal.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm really not sure the offense is as much of a mess as many are making it out to be. It's certainly not great, but I think if well coached and if Ryan Mathews stays healthy it can be productive.

I think DGB is going to turn out to be a steal.

That's a big if with Matthews. I just don't see it. The O-Line is likely the elephant in the room. The skill positions aren't really that good & there's not a lot of versatility there. Even DGB falls into that. I really only see a guy who can have value when in the red zone right now. Bradford's average at best but I rather him get killed & deal with that mess than Wentz.

The defense will keep them in games but ultimately the offense won't do much with it is how I see it playing out this year. A weak division could have them break even or close to it possibly.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I would trade Bradford in a second for anything. I don't think it's realistic though. The only time I can recall a team signing a guy and then trading him in the same offseason was on Madden.

How many of those Madden QBs asked to be traded at the first sign of competition?

I know it makes us worse, but I trade him if we can get a 2nd or 3rd. We're going to cut him at the end of the year anyway.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
I would trade Bradford in a second for anything. I don't think it's realistic though. The only time I can recall a team signing a guy and then trading him in the same offseason was on Madden.

Could be a situation with the Vikes where it works out to trade for Sam. They have a pretty good team and risk burning one of the last years they have a very productive AP.

I'm not saying the Eagles get to rob Min with Bradford, just saying the details are important. Who knows if TB even bounces back next year? Vikings might make it worth for the Eagles.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It helps that Bradford hasn't appeared to be a dumpster fire.

But very very unlikely a deal gets done a week and half before the season. The Eagles have hitched their wagon to Bradford, Wentz isn't ready and Daniels sucks.

If they move Bradford, they are picking Top 7 next year.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Pretty happy with my draft last night. Picked 9th in a 10 team draft.

QB - Roethlisberger
WR - A Robinson
WR - A Cooper
WR - J Landry
RB - L Miller
RB - L McCoy
TE - C Fleener
Flex - R Jennings
DEF - Houston
K - R Aguayo

Bench - D Woodhead
Bench - V Jackson
Bench - C Coleman
Bench - C Sims
Bench - J Kearse

Got killed with my top 2 RBs last year (Anderson and Morris). Looking for a little more depth this year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
You'd have to think about it a few different ways.

Do we have a better shot to win with Bradford or Wentz? This team doesn't really have the luxury of tanking, considering our 1st round pick is going to the Browns this season (amongst other lost assets).

However, you have to think the Eagles are going to rid themselves of Bradfords contract at the end of this season no matter what, so would it be beneficial for us to get a draft pick back for him while we can to compensate atleast somewhat for what we lost?

Ultimately, i think the difference Bradford or Wentz will make in where we finish the season will be negligible. I would be on board with shipping him to the Vikings for a pick.

We've invested this much in Wentz, we might as well give him the reigns and get a draft pick for Bradford while we can.

I was more talking about interest from the Vikes. I don't imagine the Birds will do it unless the Vikes offer up something big like a first rounder or something. It is pretty clear that the Eagles have no intention of starting Wentz at this point. Reasonable minds can differ on whether or not that is the right move (I'm all for throwing him out there), but it doesn't appear that the Birds will be dealing Bradford anywhere.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Teddy Bridgewaters knee was so badly injured, that his leg could have been lost if not for the trainers acting fast.

The guy is lucky to have both left. I wonder how his career is going to be affected. He's a mobile guy.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
Teddy Bridgewaters knee was so badly injured, that his leg could have been lost if not for the trainers acting fast.

The guy is lucky to have both left. I wonder how his career is going to be affected. He's a mobile guy.

Blows my mind that a no-contact injury occurring by just planting his foot to throw could cause injury that severe.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
if his leg is that badly damaged, they have to be looking for a possible trade because who knows if he'll ever play again and even if so, how effective he'll be considering his mobility was a big factor

would be a better situation for bradford also vs. here

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I think the fact that Wentz has been out for so much of the preseason pretty much nixes any chance of the Eagles taking advantage of the Vikings situation. It was a longshot to start Wentz right away anyhow, but it seems crazy to do so with him missing 3 preseason games and recovering from injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad