OT: Philadelphia 76ers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Overmatched by the Cavs, but they never give up.
Good last seven games for next year's backups to get a lot of PT.

Long is making a great case for the roster, and maybe a rotation role down the road, nice stroke from the 3 point line and he plays hard, problem is he's a 4/5 tweener without the athleticism to be a stretch 4 or the bulk to play the 5. But with hard work and BB's coaching, I see a solid bench player.

Meanwhile TLC, shows he's a better bet than Dunn, just needs to hit the weight room and work on his 3 point shot.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Lakers have a couple losable games coming up in their final 5 games. They have:

@Spurs
Kings
Timberwolves
Pelicans
@Warriors

Those three in the middle all could be losses. And who knows maybe the Warriors rest some guys and the Lakers pull off an upset. The suns have a slightly tougher final few games. Getting the Lakers back to 3 would be nice.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Lakers are in the 3rd spot now. Sixers are in the 5th. Working out good so far.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Hopefully the Lakers can win one more game and the Suns lose out. That would push our chances to the Lakers pick conveying at ~53.2% or so.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lakers have a couple losable games coming up in their final 5 games. They have:

@Spurs
Kings
Timberwolves
Pelicans
@Warriors

Those three in the middle all could be losses. And who knows maybe the Warriors rest some guys and the Lakers pull off an upset. The suns have a slightly tougher final few games. Getting the Lakers back to 3 would be nice.

I can't see the Lakers doing anything to help our chances. This is going to be an interesting race to the bottom.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I can't see the Lakers doing anything to help our chances. This is going to be an interesting race to the bottom.

Oh I know they can't help our current standing. But hopefully they definitely stay behind the Suns so there is a better chance of the pick conveying.

jec6

Jan 20, 2017
Just because it was on the Magic's whiteboard. What would it take for you to send Saric to Orlando?

Would Aaron Gordon do it?
4th overall pick?
Vuk and Payton?
No way / No How? - I'm leaning here. I love Saric and would need a package that included #4 + a real NBA player to do it. He's seems like one of those players that glues a team together and leads winners.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I just don't see the point of trading Saric unless we're talking an elite guard in return.
We know how good Saric is right now, and he has lots of upside (add strength, learn how to defend NBA big men, improve his 3 point shot).

I don't see anyone in this draft I'd take over him, no matter how talented a "one and done," they're big character risks (will Wiggins ever learn to play defense?, Russell, etc.). With Saric, you have a known quantity that should fit very well with Simmons and Embiid going forward. Why screw up a good thing?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Gordon is an absolutely horrendous fit. Not remotely interested, nor does Gordon return Saric right now.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
If we ended up with picks four and five, who would you guys take?

Just for fun let's say that the first 3 picks are Fultz, Ball, and Jackson. I think I would go Dennis Smith Jr and Monk.

Edit #1: Although I might go Fox and Monk. Either Smith or Fox would be fine with me.

Edit #2: I wouldn't mind Ntilikina either. Basically a PG and Monk.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Just for fun let's say that the first 3 picks are Fultz, Ball, and Jackson. I think I would go Dennis Smith Jr and Monk.

Edit #1: Although I might go Fox and Monk. Either Smith or Fox would be fine with me.

Edit #2: I wouldn't mind Ntilikina either. Basically a PG and Monk.

If we have 4 and 5, I want Tatum and Monk.

Simmonns
Monk
Tatum
Saric
Embiid

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
If we have 4 and 5, I want Tatum and Monk.

Simmonns
Monk
Tatum
Saric
Embiid

The problem I have with that is that you have no one who can guard John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Isiah Thomas, etc... I don't see Simmons (or Monk) guarding those guys.

I would see Bayless as the starting PG next season, with rookie "PG of the future" and TJ backing him up. Simmons as a point forward with Saric and Embiid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad