Phil the thrill playoff performer Kessel

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
That's what they say about everyone who plays for the Leafs. I remember when half of HF said the same thing about Sundin.

Basically anyone who plays for the Leafs is going to be trashed, it's the one constant around here.
What about all the other players who were overrated. Can't really sit there and say the players from 2005 - 2015 were quality.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
The only ones to hate on Kessel have been the media and some execs in the league, Kessel is probably one of the most liked players in the league from a fan perspective.

They absolutely needed to deal him(and Dion). That being said, most Leafs fans are happy to see him doing well. It was our media that treated him badly, not the fans, despite what the expert historical revisionists on Hf may say.

It's really great to know this.

I guess that these are just made up?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1807091

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47knIsGbWu8

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...y-onto-the-ice-during-loss-against-pittsburgh

There's nothing endearing about him and he's a not a soldier either, he's a slacker. He's a mouthy, selfish slacker who is squandering his own talent and wasting our time.

Didn't take Phil very long to prove some of Ron Wilson's comments to be correct:

I was happy today when Carlyle was axed, but I'm not satisfied.... this roller coaster isn't going to end until the core is changed. The damage is done, there is no going back now.

I specifically agree with these quotes by Ron Wilson, and have repeated said the same thing throughout the past few years... I just never put it so eloquently, as Ron Wilson.

“You never change a leopard’s spots. You paint over some of those spots, but they’ll eventually shine through the paint and that’s just too bad.â€

Phaneuf was dumped by Darryl Sutter, DARRYL SUTTER! This guy should've been like a father to Phaneuf. Both from Central Alberta area. Phaneuf played for Brent Sutter's Rebels. Drafted by the flames.. etc etc.

Lupul has been dumped repeatedly in his career.

Kessel has been dumped on since before his draft year.

These aren't Leaders.

How dare Feschuck ask the highest-paid Leaf in history if he is hard to coach!

IT'S JUST A ****ING COINCIDENCE THAT THE "UNCOACHABLE" LABEL HAS FOLLOWED KESSEL HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

Just a ****ing random happening that the turd dictates his own ice-time, refuses requests to play a different role, is a fat turd who takes weeks off at a time, floats, avoids contact, is last on the ice, first off, doesn't train in the off-season, and proves the truism that **** rolls downhill by infecting his team-mates with the sneering, no-accountability standard that he sets.

THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH FESCHUK!!!!!!!!!!

Well.....you simply need to understand that Kessel is not worthy of wearing the Jersey....he is not a player worth defending.

Man has created a toxic environment and the sooner he is gone the better!

He was treated as gold here....but this year his warts have came out in the public and he has been exposed!

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Leafs shouldn't of traded him, although they might not have Marner or Matthews if he was still there

They would not have Matthews if he was there still. Yes, he needed to be moved. The Leafs finished with 1 less point than Edmonton in 15-16.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
What's funny is how much the hockey geniuses here on HF hated Kessel from 2009-15. He was so dispised on here. You could not win with him and when he "Wasn't scoring he's useless". There were guys on here bringing-up 3rd liners who were thought of as being better than Phil for playing that "Two-way Game":laugh:

And who started that "Streaky" crap? He was never streaky. The guy was crapped on for everything.

Last edited:

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
What about all the other players who were overrated. Can't really sit there and say the players from 2005 - 2015 were quality.

But what players from 2005-15 were being overrated? They were just dumped on by everyone non-stop.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Kessel was so underrated here.

If he ever came back, I have a feeling a Matthews-Kessel duo would be dynamite. One of Kessel's best asset was his playmaking, he'd be setting up Matthews for days just like Willy did last year.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Kessel was so underrated here.

If he ever came back, I have a feeling a Matthews-Kessel duo would be dynamite. One of Kessel's best asset was his playmaking, he'd be setting up Matthews for days just like Willy did last year.

But he only plays offense! You can't win with one-dimensional players! a 40 point two-way forward is much better!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad