Injury Report: Phil Myers out approximately four weeks (right knee) from March 10

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
There was no reason to think a fracture initially, he was walking on it and practiced on Tuesday.
What probably happened is it didn't show up on the initial x-ray, he complained of pain after the morning skate, then a second look found a small fracture - had it been major he couldn't have practiced on it.
A cracked kneecap should heal up pretty well.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
myers seems like a player you will never get a full year out of as always some injury

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
AV didn’t even know he was hurt Saturday night or so he claims.

With this medical staff’s history I would not put it passed them to think that he was fine because he was walking around and there wasn’t an initial X-Ray even.

I mean, they did discover a cancer diagnosis for Lindblom.

Reactions: Larry44

Fudgie the Whale

Jun 20, 2018
Sanheim - Ghost is not a good idea, I'd just attack the net with those two on the ice.

They were out together for Boston's second goal last night. And, they were flat across rather than staggered coming back into the zone.

Just goes to show how important familiarity is for a defensive pairing.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
They were out together for Boston's second goal last night. And, they were flat across rather than staggered coming back into the zone.

Just goes to show how important familiarity is for a defensive pairing.

That's such a bad analysis of that situation.

Reactions: Striiker

Fudgie the Whale

Jun 20, 2018
That's such a bad analysis of that situation.

How so?

I will grant you that was not directly responsible for the goal. It was a deflection off Sanheim's stick and having a staggered pair wouldn't have helped. But that doesn't make anything I said untrue. And I can say with a high degree of confidence it will be pointed out to them by the coaching staff.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
How so?

I will grant you that was not directly responsible for the goal. It was a deflection off Sanheim's stick and having a staggered pair wouldn't have helped. But that doesn't make anything I said untrue. And I can say with a high degree of confidence it will be pointed out to them by the coaching staff.

It really wasn't any fault of the defensemen for that play. There's quite a bit of luck that happens in hockey.

If the coaching staff blames players for that kind of stuff, fire them all.

Reactions: Striiker

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Glad to have Ghost back, but the Myers injury is a bummer. He and Sanheim have really been in synch lately.

Phil, time to retire the shin pads from midget days. I know they're comfy, but c'mon buddy ... :D

s-l400.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad