Injury Report: Phil Myers out approximately four weeks (right knee) from March 10

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Sucks for Myers, but he should be back for the playoffs. I expect Friedman getting called back up?

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Welp that sucks, but hopefully Ghost got his groove back and Friedman is pretty good as a 7th, I guess this is where we find out what this team is made if over the next few weeks

Din Djarin

This Is The Way
Mar 3, 2020
Mandalore
Almost all of us wanted Shayne Gostisbehere to come back to the main club, just wish it was under more pleasant circumstances but such is life. Let Myers heal completely, next man up!

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
A fractured Patella will take only 4 weeks to recover? I am having visions of Tim Kerr being day to day in 87 cup run.

Reactions: Jtown

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Flyers medical staff... the gift that keeps on taking.

There was no reason to think a fracture initially, he was walking on it and practiced on Tuesday.
What probably happened is it didn't show up on the initial x-ray, he complained of pain after the morning skate, then a second look found a small fracture - had it been major he couldn't have practiced on it.

Reactions: Larry44

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
There was no reason to think a fracture initially, he was walking on it and practiced on Tuesday.
What probably happened is it didn't show up on the initial x-ray, he complained of pain after the morning skate, then a second look found a small fracture - had it been major he couldn't have practiced on it.

AV didn’t even know he was hurt Saturday night or so he claims.

With this medical staff’s history I would not put it passed them to think that he was fine because he was walking around and there wasn’t an initial X-Ray even.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Guess this means no more PP time for Sanny.

Hopefully Hagg isn’t the one taking Myers’ top 4 minutes. Would be nice if Friedman got some Hagg-less minutes to evaluate on his ELC but that’s a pipe dream.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
f*** me. How did this happen?

Looking at the play-by-play sheet, the injury could have happened just as Buffalo's early third period power play expired. Myers was credited with one blocked shot (Jack Eichel) in the game and it was recorded then.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Provorov - Niskanen
Sanheim - Braun
Hagg - Ghost

for the next 2 games to get Ghost up to speed and then try..

Provorov - Niskanen
Sanheim - Ghost
Hagg - Braun

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sanheim - Ghost is not a good idea, I'd just attack the net with those two on the ice.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
That sucks but he should be back by the PO. Still it's a bummer with the way that pair was playing. Oh well. Were overdue I guess. Cause Flyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad