Phil Kessel

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
Holt...hmmm

After many years of buying Garbage, Sather and company got the the jist of things. Love how we have depth in many positions now for our future. still id like to have Steve Bernier instead of Huge Speciman and Wolski instead of Korpi. would be even better.:cry:

man this thread really got thrown off. As for Kessel, i still have high hopes for the kid, and can see him working wonders with Bergeron. i might sound really stooopid right now, but i can really see him rivaling Malkin for the Calder.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE Brandon Dubinsky as a hockey player.

I also love how seamless a transition the Rangers made from relying on money to relying on brains. How did they get so many good young players so quickly? *******s. I hate them. :madfire:
I really think that for years the Rangers have been GMed by their owner. Always going for the big names wheather they fit or not. Now that they've gone back to relying on a hockey man for hockey issues they look great and really get it right when it come to maxing out their prospects. I'll always hate them too but they do almost everything right from giving back to fans to getting hockey on TV during the summer to putting 100% into their farm team.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I can't say Kessel was the best player on the ice (Henrik Lundqvist!), but he didn't look out of place at all, and actually showed some grit and keen passing ability-two of the bigger knocks against him. The Boyes/Bergeron/Kessel line was really the only one making noise for the Bruins, and Phil was a big part of that.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I can't say Kessel was the best player on the ice (Henrik Lundqvist!), but he didn't look out of place at all, and actually showed some grit and keen passing ability-two of the bigger knocks against him. The Boyes/Bergeron/Kessel line was really the only one making noise for the Bruins, and Phil was a big part of that.

I noticed this too. Murray looked ok, but Savard was pretty quite. He had a chance in front of the net late in the game where he had a lot of time. Great passer, not much of a shooter.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Kessel looked very good. I'll be tuning into Bruins games when I can because, aside from Malkin, Kessel may be the most exciting rookie this year.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I noticed this too. Murray looked ok, but Savard was pretty quite. He had a chance in front of the net late in the game where he had a lot of time. Great passer, not much of a shooter.

I thought Savard was ok. Murray was....well to be nice I will say: Lethargic. I am not sure what game you watched.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I thought Savard was ok. Murray was....well to be nice I will say: Lethargic. I am not sure what game you watched.

I didn't see the whole thing like i stated before. Savard didn't look all that great on the PP where he should be excelling. But it's pre-season and a new team for him.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I didn't see the whole thing like i stated before. Savard didn't look all that great on the PP where he should be excelling. But it's pre-season and a new team for him.

We didnt have much PP time. In the first period he played a few really good shifts and made some crisp passes.

IMO his season comes down to him either making Murray look really good or Murray dragging him down. If the latter happens I hope the Bruins are not afraid to make a switch and give a kid like Kalus ice time on his wing to see if there is a good fit there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00