Phil Kessel may be gone from Pittsburgh in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikesburgh

May 1, 2016
From Insidepittsburghsports, I read a story about how Mike Sullivan's patience with Phil Kessel is basically gone, and how the relationship between the two is not good. With Rick Tocchet possibly going to Arizona (they say Tocchet was a guy who could handle Kessel), Kessel's days in Pittsburgh look numbered. Apparently they aren't very happy with his lack of effort defensively, and him not blocking shots, just to name what I read. I'm guessing there could be more things they don't like.

Kind of surprised to read that in all honesty. I would say take it with a grain of salt, but TIOPS has been a really good site for years.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
If they can get something good back for him I guess but I can't see them trading him for hopes and dreams yet

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Wha...

There's no way they can't be happy with Kessel's performance.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
2 years with the team, 2 cups

he excels at his role, don't try to make him be something he isn't

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
About time we got some Pens drama, this one is interesting considering Phil's history of getting moved all the time, even retained.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
From Insidepittsburghsports, I read a story about how Mike Sullivan's patience with Phil Kessel is basically gone, and how the relationship between the two is not good. With Rick Tocchet possibly going to Arizona (they say Tocchet was a guy who could handle Kessel), Kessel's days in Pittsburgh look numbered. Apparently they aren't very happy with his lack of effort defensively, and him not blocking shots, just to name what I read. I'm guessing there could be more things they don't like.

Kind of surprised to read that in all honesty. I would say take it with a grain of salt, but TIOPS has been a really good site for years.

No it hasn't.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
1sas0d.jpg

Also relevant;
1sas4p.jpg

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
********. They've won 2 Stanley Cups in two years and Kessel was arguably the most important player for that first Cup. Yeah he doesn't defend much but he scores a ton in the playoffs and they don't need him to play defense anyway.

Why the hell would you ask your top winger to block shots like a 4th liner? Leave that to the Carter Rowneys of this world.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I find it nearly impossible to believe that Tocchet was the guy who could "handle" Kessel, and Sullivan apparently can't.

I call ********.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I trust Eklund considerably more than insidepittsburghsports. In a city filled with bad sports media, they are probably the worst. Fan blogs have more credibility.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
I can't imagine a coach being unhappy with one of his core players who he's won two straight cups with. This seems incredibly ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad