Phil Jackson leaving Knicks

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
It almost seemed like Phil was trying to get himself fired on purpose.
I wonder if he'll go back to LA and ask Jeanie to give him a position somewhere

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

For the love of god please do not let this happen. Phil needs to stay the hell away from the Lakers. The guy is senile. He wants to be the smartest guy in the room yet for the last few years has constantly looked like the dumbest.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Here's a crazy thought. How about focusing on drafting talent and making your own superstars rather than trying to buy a super team. The Knicks have been a complete joke partly because they try to skip steps in the rebuild. It doesn't matter if you're the mecca of basketball or how much you spend no one is going to play for that clown franchise until it gets some respect and credibility back.
Where has Urjiri ever done that? That is how you build a championship team like SA and GS.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
29triangle-illo-superJumbo-v3.jpg

:laugh:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/28/sports/basketball/triangle-offense-new-york-knicks.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fsports&action=click&contentCollection=sports&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
There's a report out there that the Knicks are also targeting Sam Presti.

I think Presti is a guy who gets way, way more credit than he deserves in OKC. He tanked for Durant, Westbrook, and Harden, failed to properly build a team around them, then traded Harden in one of the worst deals in NBA history and let Durant walk for nothing, and he refuses to properly address current needs to build around Russ.

Please, NY, hire that guy. Lol

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver

I think Presti is a guy who gets way, way more credit than he deserves in OKC. He tanked for Durant, Westbrook, and Harden, failed to properly build a team around them, then traded Harden in one of the worst deals in NBA history and let Durant walk for nothing, and he refuses to properly address current needs to build around Russ.

There's reasons to pile on Presti, but some of this makes no sense lol. The Harden trade was bad (though he was forced into it). Do you think he should have traded Durant instead of letting him walk for nothing? And it's been one season since he left, give it time to build a team that suits their high usage PG. He traded for Oladipo, who was expected to be a guy who could lead the 2nd unit, got McDermott who can shoot too.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Well, they broke up and at this point theres not even any room for him there. They already have two alpha dogs/top basketball minds running things plus Walton, they would have 0 use for Phil.

Maybe Reinsdorf will fire GarPax and hire him :laugh: :sarcasm:

IT rebuffed that it seems, but I'm not shocked. He's always had Dolan by the balls for whatever reason.

Presti is a top5 GM.... was he really supposed to trade the 2nd best player in the league in his free agency year - a season where KD gave no indication he was going to leave & likely wouldn't of if OKC hadn't blown their lead against the Warriors.

Harden trade was bad, yes but the Ibaka trade was fantastic. He had no choice RE Harden, people forget OKC doesn't/can't spend money like the Cavs & Warriors, there wasn't enough money in the budget to fit in an extension for Harden and he had about 2-3 days to trade him before the extension deadline. Presti did build a winner, they made it to the finals in 2012 but were too inexperienced. Then, they collapsed against GSW but playoff upsets happen.

They hire a good Ujiri and let him have 100% control and Dolan looks brilliant.

Yea, good luck. Dolan will always poke his nose in.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
There's reasons to pile on Presti, but some of this makes no sense lol. The Harden trade was bad (though he was forced into it). Do you think he should have traded Durant instead of letting him walk for nothing? And it's been one season since he left, give it time to build a team that suits their high usage PG. He traded for Oladipo, who was expected to be a guy who could lead the 2nd unit, got McDermott who can shoot too.
The Rockets paid James Harden 4M per season more than the Thunder paid Serge Ibaka. He wasn't forced into anything with Harden. He simply chose the wrong player. In saying that, I wonder if Harden becomes who he has become today if he stays in OKC and plays third fiddle to KD and Russ.

I agree he needs time to build a team around Westbrook but I don't see him doing it. From the get-go I hated the Oladipo deal, that was never going to work with Russ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad