NFL: Phil Dawson retires after 20 years in NFL

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What are we down to, like six players left that played in the 20th century that haven't officially retired yet?

Vinatieri (NFL), Colon (MLB), Carter (NBA), Thornton (NHL), Marleau (NHL) and Chara (NHL)?

Colon is obviously done, but I don't think he officially retired. Carter, Thornton, Marleau and Chara are all free agents, but I expect them all to play this upcoming season. Vinatieri is signed with the Colts for this year.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Was on the SF team that was within a few inches of going to their 2nd straight SB.

Was a very good kicker.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What are we down to, like six players left that played in the 20th century that haven't officially retired yet?

Vinatieri (NFL), Colon (MLB), Carter (NBA), Thornton (NHL), Marleau (NHL) and Chara (NHL)?

Colon is obviously done, but I don't think he officially retired. Carter, Thornton, Marleau and Chara are all free agents, but I expect them all to play this upcoming season. Vinatieri is signed with the Colts for this year.

Chara re-signed, but Jagr isn't retired yet, he's still going in the Czech league.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Thornton and Marleau will be Sharks. They're just waiting for Wilson to try and add another top-6 winger before they sign for cheap.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's pretty fun to look at what was going on in the NFL during Adam Vinatieri's rookie season.
And, just, anything else.

Like, the Bulls were in the middle of their second threepeat.

The Hartford Whalers were still (barely) around.

Spice Girls just released Wannabe.

And Tupac was still alive. At least when the season started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad