Music: Phil Collins' final show

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He is calling it a career due to health issues. I almost didn't recognize him.

1648422843833.png

Reactions: MK9

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Genesis could get Phil's kid to sing for them. Sounds almost just like his old man.

Really wish Sound Of Contact would put out another disc.

Reactions: Fripp

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he doesn't sound that bad at all given his age and health issues. cool to see them performing some of the gabriel-era stuff

crazy that they were still touring

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I hadn't heard of Collins' health issues and was kind of shocked at the picture of him. Sadly, I had to look up to see how old he was again -- only 71, yet looks much much older than that at this point. It really sucks seeing these legends when you were younger who are aging and retiring.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Yeah, same here. I didn't know he had the health issues as well but I am glad he got to leave the stage in his own way.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
One of the greatest

He had lost ability to drum he revealed not long ago as his health has declined
Ya hurt his back and the surgery to fix it basically left him with no feeling in his hands so he could only drum if the sticks were taped to his hands.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
The voice was still there but no longer being able to drum and looking much older than he actually is sitting in that chair was sad to see. Hopefully he can move on and find some peace.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Saw Collins' Genesis back in the day a few times when it was a great progressive rock band. Genesis was one of the few bands whose sound seemed made for a stadium at night, huge, beautiful and transporting. Sorry that Phil has come to the end of this particular road. Definitely one of the good guys.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Saw Collins' Genesis back in the day a few times when it was a great progressive rock band. Genesis was one of the few bands whose sound seemed made for a stadium at night, huge, beautiful and transporting. Sorry that Phil has come to the end of this particular road. Definitely one of the good guys.
I couldn't agree more.

This video popped on my feed last night, Phil Collins could bring it when it comes to a live show.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Genesis could get Phil's kid to sing for them. Sounds almost just like his old man.

Really wish Sound Of Contact would put out another disc.

Had not heard them, that song is not bad at all. Too bad when I looked them up looks like Collins left the band and they have not released anything else since.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Had not heard them, that song is not bad at all. Too bad when I looked them up looks like Collins left the band and they have not released anything else since.
The album is very good. There were rumblings about 2 years ago they would spinning things up again, but I'm guessing (pure conjecture, zero evidence to back this up) COVID, lack of band activity are probably what got Collins to bail and nothing amounted to them doing more. I know one or two of the other members have a side project that has garnered some attention.

Reactions: Fripp

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The album is very good. There were rumblings about 2 years ago they would spinning things up again, but I'm guessing (pure conjecture, zero evidence to back this up) COVID, lack of band activity are probably what got Collins to bail and nothing amounted to them doing more. I know one or two of the other members have a side project that has garnered some attention.
I looked it up on amazon to maybe get a copy and I guess it's rare as they wanted $44 CDN for a cd lol

• Wow

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
It's spectacular. I listened to it non stop when it came out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad