GDT: phicar

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I was going to start the thread but then I just calculated I'm 2-6-0 when I start the thread.

Guaranteed win tonight. Because the game is absolutely meaningless. Lock it up.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
There are 22 games left and the Canes are 4 points out. Anything can happen, a 20 game win streak would almost assuredly get them a Playoff spot.

That said, if they lose tonight it is a big blow to their vanishing chances. Sportsclubstats (who I look at for Playoff chances) highlights this:

Current chance: 17.2%
Win against Philly: 22%
Lose against Philly: 10.3%

Fairly large swing as these things go.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Nitpicky..but they are 4 points back of the Pens who have played 2 less games and 5 points back of Detroit with the same number of games played.

I think the Canes lost to Philly every time in OT (or SO) this year? Don't get to OT or Gostisbehere will win it for Philly.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Nitpicky..but they are 4 points back of the Pens who have played 2 less games and 5 points back of Detroit with the same number of games played.

I think the Canes lost to Philly every time in OT (or SO) this year? Don't get to OT or Gostisbehere will win it for Philly.

Yeah that's the bigger issue, games on hand. We had our chance this weekend and blew it.

Frustrating the Devils won't let us finish in 9th place as usual.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

Yeah my money is on otl 2-3 Ghost gwg.

Entire game White and Gudas try to take Skinner's head off, he still scores at least one.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

Nice. Inexplicably, war on ice is now blocked at work. Curious to see his ZS%, relative to the rest of the D. Presumably they've shifted back towards D in Faulk's absence? (and how much ZS% affects other stats, if anyone is feeling educational)

Scratch that, found some good resources on it (not much of an effect). Those *******s want to block war on ice? I'll just spend the next hour researching stats.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Honestly, if we trade Ward and Staal, does that really make much of a difference in how the team has performed lately? Staal hasn't done **** since December, and Ward and Lack might as well be interchangeable.

The other FAs I'd be more worried about losing when it comes to hurting our slim playoff chances. Liles and Versteeg will be tough to replace.

And if Jordan gets into a funk because we traded Eric, that could also be a dagger.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Good news is that we will probably know how this game will go after just 20 minutes if you have better things to do tonight...

The Flyers are the 3rd worst team in the NHL (-15 goal differential) in the first period and we are a terrible comeback team (only team in the NHL without a comeback win when trailing after 1st period).

If we're not winning after 1, then it's probably a 5-1 loss.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Honestly, if we trade Ward and Staal, does that really make much of a difference in how the team has performed lately? Staal hasn't done **** since December, and Ward and Lack might as well be interchangeable.

The other FAs I'd be more worried about losing when it comes to hurting our slim playoff chances. Liles and Versteeg will be tough to replace.

And if Jordan gets into a funk because we traded Eric, that could also be a dagger.

Versteeg has 1 goal and 1 assist this month and is a -8. It's not like he's the straw that's stirring the drink either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad