Confirmed Trade: [PHI/WSH] Radko Gudas for Matt Niskanen

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trying this again. If you're starting the thread, you must have a link or tweet in the first post. Otherwise, that's how we get threads filled up to 1000 posts too quick

Reactions: Kallio

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
I don’t really have any issue with this, especially with the 30% retention on Gudas by Philly. Caps needed the space.

Niskanen is usually a great consistent player but when he was bad last year, he was really bad. For his sake I hope he can find his groove again in Philly.

I don’t know a ton about how Gudas played last year but I’m pretty sure this won’t help us in the league popularity contest haha.

Reactions: Juippi and Caps8112

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Tony gets trash talked for the rumor yet he breaks the news

love it

Having the first big trade of the summer be broken by a guy that tells the "untold stories in minor league #AHL pro hockey" would be an interesting note to start off on :laugh:

I follow Tony on twitter for Phantoms news, and he seems like a good guy who is working his ass off trying to break in to the hockey media while also working regular jobs. Sometimes he has some weird takes about players he's gotten too close to (e.g. Goulbourne), but just by being around the Phantoms organization so much he has been able to break stories that the fat & happy Philly beat writers have no clue about.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Why are pinned trade threads on HFBoards tagged as "confirmed signing with link"?

/mini-rant

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Has Niskanen gone down hill recently? I know he makes good money but he’s a great skating blueliner who has a absorbed top pairing minutes on a Cup winning roster for the better part of the decade. Gudas has his moments but purely from a hockey aspect (ie not financial) this seems like a huge win for Philly unless we are seeing Niskanen decline.

Reactions: HighOFFHockey

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don’t really have any issue with this, especially with the 30% retention on Gudas by Philly. Caps needed the space.

Niskanen is usually a great consistent player but when he was bad last year, he was really bad. For his sake I hope he can find his groove again in Philly.

I don’t know a ton about how Gudas played last year but I’m pretty sure this won’t help us in the league popularity contest haha.

He won the best dman award for the Flyers, although really Sanheim had the better season.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
No idea why Washington does this. They give up the better D who also has one additional year left on his contract.

Niskanen was pretty bad this season, getting up there in age as well. Dont think its that bad for Caps actually to get rid of that contract right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad