Trade: [PHI/TEN] Kevin Byard for Terrell Edmunds, 2024 5th and 6th round picks

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Edmunds was OK in Pittsburgh, never really excelled like you would like from a 1st rounder, but I wouldn't have minded if they had kept him on a reasonable deal, he fit into the system here pretty well and was an OK Robin to Fitzpatrick's Batman

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That’s it?
In year 7, so he’s now into his non guaranteed money portion of his contract. $9.6 mill base plus $5 mill roster bonus for 2024. So a $14.6 mill cap charge for a S which is not a premium position in the nfl these days.

But figured it be a little higher. Like a 4th instead of a 6th. But wasn’t going to be a 2nd or anything.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I hate how well ran the eagles are
Saw a need and filled it. What is the likely outcome from a 5th and 6th round pick? They got 3 comp picks for losing Hargraves, Sanders, CGJ. So, they have picks to spare.

He would have to do a new contract to stay with Philly past this season. $14.6 mill cap charge next season. That is more than double what CJ Gardener-Johnson is due this year. So, that's likely too much for Philly at the Safety position. Or they treat him as a rental and cut him in the off-season.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Saw a need and filled it. What is the likely outcome from a 5th and 6th round pick? They got 3 comp picks for losing Hargraves, Sanders, CGJ. So, they have picks to spare.

He would have to do a new contract to stay with Philly past this season. $14.6 mill cap charge next season. That is more than double what CJ Gardener-Johnson is due this year. So, that's likely too much for Philly at the Safety position. Or they treat him as a rental and cut him in the off-season.
Eagles are going for the whole thing. If they win the SB no one will care about the off-season, and I agree with that mindset in their case.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Eagles are going for the whole thing. If they win the SB no one will care about the off-season, and I agree with that mindset in their case.
As they should. No dead cap should Philly move on from him. Win now mode so go for it.

SF and KC too. Kelce is not getting any younger. Neither is Trent Williams. And their Defence plays very physical which will wear them down.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
As they should. No dead cap should Philly move on from him. Win now mode so go for it.

SF and KC too. Kelce is not getting any younger. Neither is Trent Williams. And their Defence plays very physical which will wear them down.
Agreed on all counts. Future is now for those teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad