Trade: [PHI/SEA] Jay Bruce to the Phillies

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I don't get this at all for the Phillies.

(Yes, I have no idea what they're giving up, but Bruce makes no sense for their team.)

Could have something to do with the fact that Herrera was just charged with a crime and may not be available for a while

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Herrera probably sped things up, but the Phillies were looking for a left-hander with pop.

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
What's the plan for CF? Phils need to be all in on getting an everyday CF, no? Harper and McCutchen ain't that. Their liabilities in the corners.

Bruce is a good option off the bench, Phils bench is trash.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Read the Ms are paying $18M of the $21M remaining in his 2 year deal. Crazy amount to just get rid of a guy for a MiLB utility player that doesnt hit.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What's the plan for CF? Phils need to be all in on getting an everyday CF, no? Harper and McCutchen ain't that. Their liabilities in the corners.

Bruce is a good option off the bench, Phils bench is trash.

They likely wait to hear on what MLB does with Herrera and could have Roman Quinn back within 2 weeks as he's rehabbing in Clearwater. Not sure what they will do with Herrera, if they will keep him or cut him lose (I think he has options left so they could send to the AAA) if Herrera is not coming back then yes they likely need to get a CF at some point as they can't count on Quinn since he can't stay healthy for more then a week or two. They could call up their 1st round pick Haseley but he just got to AAA so not sure they would do that as he might be more of a trade piece to get some pitching help or a CF if they have to go that route.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad