Trade: [PHI/PIT] Kenny Pickett and 2024 4th for 2024 3rd and 2 2025 7ths

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Howie said when they drafted Hurts that they consider themselves a quarterback factory.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Don’t get why Philly would do this. You could have used one of the 7ths to draft a better QB than Pickett.
But with hurts having been banged up this past season they wanted someone with game experience coming off the bench.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just something to consider when Zach Wilson got ripped for considering doing the same thing, but Pickett was refusing to dress as the QB3 at the end of last season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Makes you think, doesn't it?

Still think the Packers/Mahomes sitting for 1+ year plan is the right path for non-top 3 QB picks and yet so few teams do it...and the result is usually a bust.

They also all had someone good enough to be in front of them. You either have the talent, or you don’t.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I'm not sure what's going through Pickett's mind. Based on what ground does he think he should be an undisputed starter?
On the surface it sure looks like he wasn’t up for the competition in camp this summer. I don’t know if he demanded a trade or not. This trade came from way out of left field.
As others have said I don’t get this from a Eagles perspective.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
On the surface it sure looks like he wasn’t up for the competition in camp this summer. I don’t know if he demanded a trade or not. This trade came from way out of left field.
As others have said I don’t get this from an Eagles perspective.
The Eagles better than anybody know how important it is to invest in your backup quarterback. Whether Pickett is the man for the job is the question.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Eagles better than anybody know how important it is to invest in your backup quarterback. Whether Pickett is the man for the job is the question.
Hurts got banged up. So they have to have someone with experience.

Wentz is still the most experienced guy out there. But don’t see him landing a starter role.
Plenty of teams were quick to get another QB once they lost one.
Sea gets Howell after Lock
Phi gets Pickett after MM
Indy gets Flacco after Minschew

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah, I really don’t get this from eagles point of view

It’s not much but dropping from 98 to 120 is not insignificant either.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If I was Pickett I would have stayed in Pit and "Good Soldier" because if Wilson struggles fans will be all over him and chance to get back in there would be greater than any potential action in Philly

We shall see maybe it works out for Pickett in end but seems far less likely than if he had stayed in Pittsburgh another year

Reactions: td_ice

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I was all ready to blame Pittsburgh for ditching Pickett so soon.

But this was apparently a reoccurring thing

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Never understood the hype drafting Pickett for Pittsburgh, the numerous 'comparisons' of Kenny Pickett to Dan Marino because both were raised in Pittsburgh and both went to the University of Pittsburgh. That should've stopped there, Marino is an all time talent while Pickett was just another guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad