Trade: [PHI/NO] Saints and Eagles trade a bunch of picks

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
We better pray Winston will deliver, or stay healthy, because this is a major gamble… like MAJOR gamble!

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Hmmm, interesting. Guess they dont like nore than one of the 16-20 prospects that much. I think I like this trade.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Saints might have a QB and either OT/WR combo for said QB in mind? Thinking out loud.
Kind of a weird move when you have no idea what the board looks like. I mean, if they like 2 guys and both guys are gone, you just moved an unprotected 1st for what exactly?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Kind of a weird move when you have no idea what the board looks like. I mean, if they like 2 guys and both guys are gone, you just moved an unprotected 1st for what exactly?
Yeah I don't know, It does seem like a day-of-draft deal.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Yeah I don't know, It does seem like a day-of-draft deal.
I might be overthinking here but Loomis probably wants to trade up with someone else and that team absolutely wanted another mid 1st in this years draft.

That’s the only logical explanation I can come up with at the moment.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California

Unless it's two guys they like that aren't high on most draft boards. Namely, Christian Watson and Tyler Smith. I don't think either of them are there at 49.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Unless it's two guys they like that aren't high on most draft boards. Namely, Christian Watson and Tyler Smith. I don't think either of them are there at 49.
Still, moving an unprotected 1st for someone you like who might not be there is a massive gamble.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Still, moving an unprotected 1st for someone you like who might not be there is a massive gamble.

No doubt but I guess Loomis feels comfortable with the team going into next season. They have a nasty top 5 defense still and hopefully Jameis for a full year with CGM back. Losing Kamara for 6 is going to suck though.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
It's one of the 2 scenarios IMO...

1- Stay put and draft a top #3 OT + top #3 WR
2- Move up to #5 and draft a QB that blew Loomis away

The fact that we'll probably get a 1st round pick, at the bare minimum, in 2023 from having Sean Payton coach somewhere (Dallas) is probably why Loomis decided to make this move. There was also rumours that the Eagles wanted to move one of their 1st round picks for multiple picks, so we decided to step up ASAP before someone else called Philly.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not more than the QB’s next year
Stroud from OSU and Levi’s from Kentucky (transfer from PSU) appear to be a couple of the top QBs next season. Young from Alabama, the guy has done great but darn there isn’t anything special about him physically or skill set wise, unless he’s Brees accurate. 6 feet and under 200 lbs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Stroud from OSU and Levi’s from Kentucky (transfer from PSU) appear to be a couple of the top QBs next season. Young from Alabama, the guy has done great but darn there isn’t anything special about him physically or skill set wise, unless he’s Brees accurate. 6 feet and under 200 lbs.
I was looking forward to the saints being in on that class

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I broke it down as #19 for 2023 1st & 2024 2nd.. everything else washes out. Nice move for the Eagles here. If the Saints are a playoff team next year it's a pretty fair deal in terms of value, but if they end up worse than that the Eagles will come out ahead.

Reactions: CBJx614

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I broke it down as #19 for 2023 1st & 2024 2nd.. everything else washes out. Nice move for the Eagles here. If the Saints are a playoff team next year it's a pretty fair deal in terms of value, but if they end up worse than that the Eagles will come out ahead.
For the Eagles it gives them flexibility for 2023 draft. Sometimes it’s not a good thing to have too many picks. Enables them to have 2 first rounders next season. NFC is wide open in terms of WC spots. Hard to say where that pick lands. Plus 2 seconds in 2024. Nice to have 3 picks in the top 60 for 3 straight seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad