I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Which Petr Sykora?

ROUe1485b1e0_Washington_Tampa_Bay_Sykorov.JPG

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Straka was a 2nd round pick in 2010 by the Blue Jackets under Paul Castron's (current NJ director of scouting) tenure.

Also, Ray Shero has seemed to like diving after players of "the right age". Acquired Palmieri, Moore, Bennett, Hall, DSP, Gormley and now Straka all from the first couple rounds of the 2009 & 2010 drafts.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
The Devils and Flyers made a trade with each other? :amazed:

This is my takeaway from this. As far as I can tell (unless my memory, a 2011 news article, and quick prosportstransactions check deceive me), this is the first trade between the Devils and the Flyers in over 30 years; the last one being March 11 1986 when the Devils sent Chico Resch to the Flyers for a pick.

It is the first evidence in a long long time that the managers of the two clubs are even willing to talk trade with one another.

Maybe this trade finally settles up the Future Considerations that were exchanged for Sam St Laurent in the only other trade between these teams, in 1984.

Last edited:

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Glad the Flyers moved him so that he will get a chance to play, even in the AHL. Not fair to keep a guy as a healthy scratch too long.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Devils and Flyers made a trade with each other? :amazed:

That's when you KNOW the player involved is never going to be an NHL calibre player lol.

Straka will be a nice addition to Albany. He gets around the ice well enough and can finish above average. Slap him on a 2nd line LW and you will get goals in the A.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Love the people who say "Who" . Take 5 minutes and google a name for god's sake and you wont have to ask such a dumb question..

Kid didn't fit for the Flyers in the Future. He was a scratch for every game so far fpr the Phantoms. Deal him and get something if he isnt going to play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad