Trade: [PHI/MIA] J.T. Realmuto to Phils for Sixto Sanchez, Jorge Alfaro, Will Stewart, intl money

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's a tough one to give up Sixto, but the Marlins are just going to trade him anyways when he becomes good, and the Phillies really did need to upgrade at catcher

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Rumor has been that the Marlins ask from the Braves has been Albies + Soroka or Acuna straight up. If true, I'm glad we stayed away.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sounds like the Marlins got a nice haul this time.

They might have but it's so hard projecting baseball prospects.

I have the milb.tv package and usually go to a couple Lakewood games. I was impressed with Stewart, he throws on an odd angle so the low A hitters just couldn't touch him but we'll see as he moves up how he does against tougher hitters.

Sixto I got to think there's something wrong as he missed almost all of last year and there was talk at the time that the injury must have been worse then expected. That said to throw as hard as he does with impressive control is something. He could be really special or end up in the pen.

Alfaro was one of the main parts in the phils trade of Cole Hamels to Texas. He's got a cannon of an arm, good power bat but K's way too much and is a work in progress with his defense. That said he could still develop into a very solid catcher imo as the tools are there.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
there is nobody remaining from the 2017 marlins opening night lineup.

i think the terwilligers are going to make the trip for some minor league baseball this year.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Marlins finally have a top-100 prospect to go along with an mlb roster full of minor leaguers?

Way to go, Jetes!

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I have the milb.tv package and usually go to a couple Lakewood games. I was impressed with Stewart, he throws on an odd angle so the low A hitters just couldn't touch him but we'll see as he moves up how he does against tougher hitters.

Yeah I go to a handful of Blue Claws games a year and got to see him twice, including a complete game shutout in May. As you said kind of a funky pitching style and didn’t seem to throw that hard but was impressive for a late high school draft pick

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Nice pickup for Philly. A move I think could make them a contender in the NL East.
Certainly more aggressive than the Braves who are hoping for a career resurgence from a bunch of 30 year olds and for some barely 20 year olds to carry them. Hope Liberty Media enjoys pocketing all that cash they're saving while the Braves battle for 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00