Waived: [PHI] Flyers waive Shayne Gostisbehere (cleared)

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
I think what people are missing is the seattle problem. If a team claims him and he plays well then he is likely taken by seattle. If a team claims him and he sucks then hes likely not taken by seattle and the team is left with the bad contract. No upside, lots of downside.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
AV just said that Ghost was waived, so they had the cap space to bring up Bunnaman and Twarynski.

And who sits tonight for Bunny and Twar? Patrick and Lindblom.

So in is Gustafsson, Twar and Bunny....out is Ghost, Patrick and Lindblom.

AV is such an asshole.
Lindblom and Patrick need a 72 hour rest between games, that's why they're sitting tonight's game out. Gostisbehere has been in the doghouse all season for his terrible defensive playing. Vigneault knows what he's doing, it's just that he has a very limited roster regarding talent. Fletcher is going to judge how the team plays in the next two series on whether to be a buyer or a seller at the TD. I think Boston will dominate the Flyers as they have all season, and the Flyers will also struggle against the Islanders.....therefore, I'm pretty sure the Flyers will be sellers at the TD.
Whether Fletcher actually addresses the problems this team has regarding defense will be his biggest hurdle, so far, I think he's going to be a huge failure.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I think what people are missing is the seattle problem. If a team claims him and he plays well then he is likely taken by seattle. If a team claims him and he sucks then hes likely not taken by seattle and the team is left with the bad contract. No upside, lots of downside.
Can the team not pick him to be protected?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Actually, this is good news for the Habs.

If Philly wants him gone, they need to take back salary. We got Byron, Lehky and lots of late draft choices for a bit of sweetening.
Strange. At this time on the squad he is not playing and freeing salary. They dont HAVE to take back salary at all.
What does Byron or Lehkonen do for Philly anyway?? Forward depth is fine.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Lindblom and Patrick need a 72 hour rest between games, that's why they're sitting tonight's game out. Gostisbehere has been in the doghouse all season for his terrible defensive playing. Vigneault knows what he's doing, it's just that he has a very limited roster regarding talent. Fletcher is going to judge how the team plays in the next two series on whether to be a buyer or a seller at the TD. I think Boston will dominate the Flyers as they have all season, and the Flyers will also struggle against the Islanders.....therefore, I'm pretty sure the Flyers will be sellers at the TD.
Whether Fletcher actually addresses the problems this team has regarding defense will be his biggest hurdle, so far, I think he's going to be a huge failure.
What?

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
AV is the only reason he got waived. they didnt wave him to save shit on the cap, or to bring other guys up. he got waived because av got butt hurt.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And they could have given Lindblom and Patrick rest...in seperate games and not had to jump thru hoops.

The fact that you think AV knows what he is doing, says it all.

Reactions: Rythashocka

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa

Right now, Ottawa only has 3 non exempt defensemen that aren’t ufa in summer. Right now even if they protect 7-3-1 they would be protecting Josh Brown, except that they can’t because they need to expose him to meet draft exposure requirements. If they added Ghost, they’d protect him, expose Josh Brown, and be absolutely unhindered for the expansion draft.

Reactions: Tripod

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

Really? Does he? Could have fooled me. AV has been getting out-coached since the playoffs.

Very limited roster regarding talent? How about one of the deeper teams regarding talent.

Reactions: Rythashocka

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Right now, Ottawa only has 3 non exempt defensemen that aren’t ufa in summer. Right now even if they protect 7-3-1 they would be protecting Josh Brown, except that they can’t because they need to expose him to meet draft exposure requirements. If they added Ghost, they’d protect him, expose Josh Brown, and be absolutely unhindered for the expansion draft.
But then Melnyk would have to pay 7-8M in actual salary, he doesn't like stuff like that.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Really? Does he? Could have fooled me. AV has been getting out-coached since the playoffs.

Very limited roster regarding talent? How about one of the deeper teams regarding talent.
Deep?! Regarding to whom on this team? Voracek? Giroux? Konecny? If any of those players were on a truly talented team they would be on the 3rd or 4th line at best.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You are just another duped fan that is ready to blame the coach rather than look at the real problem with this lousy team.
I have ripped players plenty when they deserve it...go look at my history just this past month.

But I am also not a shill for mgt and just blindly follow them and think they can do know wrong.

You know our leading goal scorer is on the 4th line tonight, right?

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
I have ripped players plenty when they deserve it...go look at my history just this past month.

But I am also not a shill for mgt and just blindly follow them and think they can do know wrong.

You know our leading goal scorer is on the 4th line tonight, right?
and Giroux and Voracek are on the first line......bloody awful.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
You are just another duped fan that is ready to blame the coach rather than look at the real problem with this lousy team.
I highly respect peoples opinions on here, although in this case if you think the roster of this team is a bigger problem then the coaching staff, I'd have to highly disagree. Just for one example, imo, the coaches are doing such a lousy job its making this team seem slow. Give Bob Ross some paint and some brushes, your gonna get a cabin in the woods next to a rolling stream. Give me the same shit and you'll end up looking at nothing but a mess.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Didn't AV literally say, " I don't know what I'm doing"? Or maybe that was "I don't know what's wrong". which pretty much implies the former.
yes he did.

And now the Flyers are losing 4-1 to Buffalo while:

Ghost, Hart, Patrick, Lindblom-all watch

Gus, Lyon, Bunnaman, Twarynski-all play

Reactions: LeapOnOver

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
yes he did.

And now the Flyers are losing 4-1 to Buffalo while:

Ghost, Hart, Patrick, Lindblom-all watch

Gus, Lyon, Bunnaman, Twarynski-all play

There's really no way to slice it. Everybody saw what the Flyers did last year and it wasn't because of the bubble. How can anybody make an excuse that this is anyone but AV to blame?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
There's really no way to slice it. Everybody saw what the Flyers did last year and it wasn't because of the bubble. How can anybody make an excuse that this is anyone but AV to blame?
The system we used last year, was abandoned by AV in the bubble and we have been a mess ever since. And it's not to say that the players have no blame, because they do.

But the Flyers have played 17 games this month...15 of them we allowed 3 goals or more.

Also set a franchise record for most goals allowed in a month and worst GAA in a month.

That's shit coaching.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Stealing this from Striiker from our boards:

Imagine the smile on Ghosts face right now

Not here for the 0-9 loss
Not here for the 1-6 loss to the Sabres

But he’s the problem, right coach?

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad